Your setups [ 10k Archive]

I love it , simple and effective . It does verry little compared to an AR , but it does it so good , tons of vibe . I m using the individual outs and no unwanted distortion here…

1 Like

How much do those room dividers do for you sound wise? I saw some in ikea and it crossed my mind

Excellent!

Got one for sale in mint condition if you’re interested :grinning:

1 Like

Might well be!

Not too complicated a setup all round, really.

I’m using the Octatrack Mk2 as the centre point for sampling/sequencing plus sample playback/mangling to treat it like an instrument. The pedalboard (in its current iteration) is there the magic happens; drones, tones, and loads of looping. There’s a Pigtronix Infinity Looper on a remote board, too, which I am tryin to get MIDI’d up to the Octatrack so I can start playing arrangements properly (see: the same every time!).

I want to get a synth of some kind - maybe a MicroKorg - for some subtle pads (Think Hotel Neon)… I’m not sure what yet, though.

7 Likes

A penny for your thoughts on the Strymon duo?

2 Likes

How’s that Mercury 7?

1 Like

The BigSky is simply amazing; worth it for the Cloud machine alone. It’s SO versatile, it never leaves my board. I’ve got the TimeLine and Mobus, too, which I swap in as needed.

I love the El Cap for the sound-on-Sound mode. Looping bits that gradually degrade and become a smashed noise is magic! So much texture to the delay.

2 Likes

All three Meris boxes are insanely good. Each has its merits when used alone, but when you combine them… hooweee! They take on a life of their own.

The M7 does ‘Standard’ Reverb very well but it really comes to life when you dial in some overtones and give it a bit of colour.

Recommended.

3 Likes

Worthed every penny of it ! The sound is absolute top level , lots of easy accessable editing options and MIDI !

1 Like

Although a lot of furniture shown in the picture is from IKEA (i actually work there) the things i have might look like the bekant you linked but is actually much much thicker. I don’t really think those dividers would do much sound wise. I think this one might help a little bit for high frequencies and i like how they look aswell http://www.ikea.com/se/sv/catalog/products/60335415/

1 Like

There it is. Although I do feel the occasional GAS, I don’t think I really need more, everything is covered.

Main use of the computer is Steam. Black Mesa is awesome :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

I literally ordered all three yesterday! So pumped!

1 Like

The thing about hardware is that it will most likely still be there in 5 years if your hard disk packs up and you forgot to keep a backup and the company that made the plugin has vanished or the plugin is no longer compatible, or you lost the license key, etc etc. "Virtual " synths do not exist in the real world and will never be really yours, you’re just “licensing” the software which can easily vanish or stop working for a variety of reasons… and then of course there’s the issues of working with a mouse such as how it can give you RSI.

But. in terms of sound design I think plugins have now gone beyond what is achievable with hardware unless one spends insane amounts of money…

No regrets. You’ll have a blast!

At the risk of turning this into a HW vs SW shitfest: what if your Octatrack CF card gets corrupted and loses all your work? What if you spill a beer on your Machinedrum mk1 and forgot to backup all your work via sysex and elektron no longer repairs it so it has to go in the trash? etc etc

seems a bit petty to come into a thread and shit on someone’s setup when they’ve found something that’s working for them

3 Likes

Argh, just found out they are on back order!
Oh well, I’ll post pictures when they get in.

Looks like you even have a few operated by feet. Nice

Nope, I was just saying think twice before going down the software route and selling off hardware, that’s all. And it wasn’t directed at anyone in particular, even though I quoted someone. Anyway it was off-topic, sorry.

3 Likes