Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Very nice, I’m putting together a similar setup for guitar. Will post in a week or two.

1 Like

Nice one, @Francis . Let me know how you get on. I’m going to try and get a couple of videos together soon. It’d be great to share some processes! :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

when I’m back home I’m going to start putting it together, will setup a new thread.
the challenge really is deciding what OT2 will do as its so flexible. right now I’m planning to use it as a mixer / sampler:
input a - guitar, to thru machine
input b - superego fed from aux out on infinity looper, to thru machine
input C&D - possible TR8 with channels 1&2 from infinity looper going to external inputs on tr8.
then setting up, to thru or pickup machines

so thats 4 channels - other 4 channels as either neighbours for more fx or flex for grabbing bits and pieces. or a cunning blend of both.

1 Like

My home setup. Trying to keep the Eurocrack under control with artificial space constraints. :rofl:

I also play live with one of my friends, so about half of the home setup gets reconfigured into a live rig with a MixWizard and some of his gear.

11 Likes

Hey,

nice setup… how is your master routing?
with AH and the FMR Compressor…

thanks
c

(Sorry HOOOPS thought your question was directed to me, but I’ll nerd out anyway)…we use the RNC for side chain compression – basically send anything we want side chained to the 1/2 buss channel, which has the RNC on the inserts. Sidechain trigger runs off one of the drum machine kick outs. The RNLA is inserted into the master channel and it kind of glues everything together.

1 Like

17 posts were split to a new topic: Ground loop in setup

I had to look closely since I’ve changed setups, but this is how my hardware setup routing typically goes:

Digitakt, or some other drum machine I want to use live (MD and AR in the past), goes into the OT’s AB inputs. If you click that picture, the expanded version shows a little bit of red sticking out of the right side, which is an A&H Zed14 mixer. I have the OT plugged into the mixer’s main inserts, and in this case have a chain going from the mixer to the AH -> BIM -> RNLA, before going into the OT’s CD inputs. OT’s cue outs go back to the mixer for resampling.

This setup is primarily for sound design and production… I don’t really use effects on the master since I heavily effect the individual tracks in the OT and let the mixing do the rest. When I’m ready to record or play live I rearrange things as I see fit, but everything goes through the OT (it was only with the arrival of the OT mkII did I realize how flat my music sounds :wink: ).

2 Likes

Got the Octatrack the other day and now playing around with setups so I decided to take a couple of pics. These are assuming I move the hi-hat to my right close to the ride (using a remote hi-hat instead). I’ll probably change this setup a few hundred times before I settle in. Then I’ll change it again :slight_smile: Love using the Launch Control XL to control tracks levels in the OT, though I could see getting a NanoKontrol2 instead and sticking it right under the OT in that empty space on the Keystep.

17 Likes

Op-1, DT and newest additions Dude and 0-coast.
Finally moved to a table set up and loving it.

12 Likes

This looks very similar to my setup. I’ve miked my drums and use triggers in combination with the AR. The main mix goes to the OT for looping and sample mangling.

Thanks for reply… so you don’t use AH or the compressor anymore?

cheers from Berlin

okay… cool…
for what do you use the AH?

thanks cheers from Berlin

I recently began working ITB and have found things more efficient to not use any external processors, but I still use the compressor on individual instruments when playing live or sometimes when tracking.

Pretty sure I’m going to sell the AH… I only like using small amounts of saturation on individual tracks with it, and would just assume use software at this point. I loved it when my setup was all hardware, but with my current workflow it’s not needed.

1 Like

This is aesthetically pleasing

1 Like

Why 303 to tape in over a standard channel? Just because the outputs are RCA?

This week’s setup. I can only concentrate on 2 devices at a time.

2 Likes

I still love the FX on the 303

1 Like

new_studio (1.9 MB)

Here is (for the medium to long term) my complete studio setup save for some cable management / cleanup I want to work on this weekend. This was a project that started in October and was finalized on Christmas (thank you wife!). My first foray into electronic music production after 20+ of analogue music creation.

I have to say, I’m quite pleased with the kit I ended up with after a ton of research. I’m having a blast and hope to post some stuff in the “Our Music” section in the not too distant future.

Special thanks to Phillips Hue lighting for the added ambience while practicing/producing.

5 Likes

This little setup is fun.

6 Likes