Your setups [ 10k Archive]

This has been a work in progress since 2013 - my mono machine came and went, and I’m happy with the system, just want to make a metal desk and get some wicked monitors and I’ll be a happy camper…

5 Likes

Added a Reface CS, I got a great deal on, as a controller. Good to go now.

16 Likes

Clean

Pulled the OT out of the setup and I’m back to MAX+modular explorations :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Latest set up

14 Likes

That your own little Max/msp concoction there?

To some degree. Sort of a mix of pre-made, customized/modified, and from scratch elements…

1 Like

My current setup now with completed Dark Trinity :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Deepmind Voyager, completely pc-free now bar recording. Which I never do anyway. Severe learning curve lol.

Uploaded wrong photo in last post.

9 Likes

Nice organisation! What’s the thing on the left with the green LEDs and moog-y knobs?

Hi all. I’m new to the forum and think that this would be as good a place as any to say hi. I’m a keys player at heart but also love synths and electronic music. Finally got the setup where I want it after far too much cabling. Hope to contribute to the community as best I can.
Andrew

14 Likes

A bonkers bit of kit!

3 Likes

Great selection.
A smorgasbord, if you will…

yesterday’s cafe gig

31 Likes

wheres the kp3 and heat in your signal chains?

^^ and where can I get me one of those tables? Hah!

3 Likes

Borrowed Digitakt is right at home.
Bit of immediacy in sample mangling (conditional trigless locks on recorded AK phrases!) is just what my music needs.

Moved my Genelecs in from the other room. I know they aren’t supposed to be sideways but that’s how they sounded best on my old AudioArts console’s meter bridge, and I’ve come to “know” them and how they sound this way after 11 years of use.

When I moved them into this new room, I was worried that the lack of room treatment would encumber serious work, but I was surprised to realize I know these monitors so well after so many years now that I could use them nearly anywhere.
My body knows the roll off point at 55hz, expecting everything below that to come from a sub.
Get to know your monitors, folks!
I may buy a second pair as a backup some day, if I find a good deal.
I’ll add some bass traps and some mobile absorption from the other room when I move the Mac Pro in later this summer.
To be continued…

10 Likes

Slightly rejigged things. You can still shove your MKIIs :slight_smile:

15 Likes

That almost looks like a render with the glass table and the shadows! Very Web 3.0.

I’m in need of some layout advice. I want to put my laptop where the Reface is on the right, but can’t seem to find a spot for it on the table. Doesn’t help that the cables stick quite far out the back. Left of the OT I’m putting a Dominion Club. Want to keep the OP1 accessible too. How could I rejigger this? 2 tiers? Reface behind everything, raised up?

5 Likes

Laptop stand should do the job, you can then adjust it to the height you need so the keyboard is playable.