Your setups [ 10k Archive]

oh right i forgot about that!

1 Like

@Omega Sweet, looked at that one alright, definitely lighter.
I plan to move abroad soon so it made sense to get one fairly solid and lockable. 5k setup after all !
Think ill install a tracking device just “incase” !

Will keep an eye on the temps for sure and report back :+1:

Laptop stays shut tonight :slight_smile:

30 Likes

I’ve been using a similar setup for a couple years now with no heat issues. If you’re going to run it like that for more than a couple of hours at a time though, you might want a little fan to blow some air across it.

2 Likes

Once again fell into the trap of cramming the desk with gear at the expense of using the time/headspace to make music, giving myself actual headaches and anxiety at the same time. So I spent the entire day thinking, deciding, changing my mind, boxing, unboxing…

Before:

After:
(The mixer stayed but the bass station got boxed)

23 Likes

I started in 1997 with Fasttracker and a Roland MC-303
After, I used Jeskola Buzz massively
Gone Daw + computer with Ableton

And now, I’ve gone computerless :smiley: => Show your selfmade solutions
In addition of the setup in the picture linked, I also own and use a TX81z, a turntable, an audio patch and my soundcard (MOTU ultralite) that I use in standalone mode (with no computer), as a preamp/mixer connected to the patch.

1 Like

That’s the answer I was hoping for! Cheers bud

2 Likes

So, just checked into my Covid prison for the next 9 weeks. I’m one of the lucky/unlucky cameramen to be working and trying to plug the enormous holes in the TV schedules. I say lucky cuz I’m working but unlucky as it’s on “The Great British Sewing Bee” Surely, one of the singularly most inane and soul-destroyingly repetitive format shows known to man. 15 hours a day, most of which handheld asking amateur sewers “How do you feel?” and filming them making frocks. At least on Bake-off you get to eat the cakes! These dresses won’t even fit me!?!
Anyhoo, as you can tell, i’m going into this with a PMA! 9 weeks away from my family, only allowed in my room or location. If I’m spotted in the bar, the beautiful spa and pool or any other communal areas in the hotel or fraternising in anyone else’s room, it’s an instant red card and off the job, so I figured I’d bring a "Mini-Mothership to try and keep me sane and my mind creative. I’ve got a terrible feeling there is gunna be some very dark stuff being produced!
Just waiting on a mixer that the sound supervisor is lending me as I couldn’t face breaking mine down at home, but the dozy twonk has taken it straight to location for UV light sanitizing, so I’ll be getting it and plumbing up tomorrow night at some ungodly hour no doubt.
The really horrible thing is I’m only an hour from home and my litt’lun starts at his new secondary school on Monday and the dog is showing signs of separation anxiety, as we were all there for 4 months, then I went off for 7 weeks, then came back and am now off again. The dog started freaking out when I got my big bag out.
Anyhoo, please forgive me. First night nerves I s’pose. This is “Your setups” not “You’re fed up!” I don’t wanna moan as I am incredibly blessed.
Here she is…

Kicking myself as I forgot the Typhon!!! :angry::face_vomiting::poop:

38 Likes

#thoughtsandprayers

what are those super bright colorful things in the middle?

1 Like

I feel your pain (well, not all of it… I kinda like sewing), as I am now approaching one month of separation from my family (who are in the same house, but I might as well be on the moon. Scratch that, I’d love to be on the moon). I didn’t take any gear with me because I am now living inside my studio at the end of our hallway. I have three months to go. I like my studio… but three freakin’ months? Yikes. The first has been a disaster for my creativity, having spent all my time cabling and trouble-shooting and none actually making music. Month two had better be more productive.

4 Likes

@Chinchilla @Scot_Solida those are pretty extreme measures. Hope you both find some creative self-expression and solace.

2 Likes

I’m addicted to playing keys and learning music theory lately.
how do you find the theory board? I’m all for new modern ways of writing music

3 Likes

@Scot_Solida Yes my friend, I did think of you whilst venting my spleen. That is possibly the toughest haul! Being a matter of feet away must be an absolute head-doer. Hang in there buddy. What you’re doing is extremely admirable! And believe me, I’ve got nothing against sewing! Even tried a bit myself after the last series but trying to make it look sexy and different all day, EVERY DAY, is mental torture!
@Kalimari Thank you for your kind thoughts.

3 Likes

@DanJamesAUS it has opened the door for me personally. And paired with the Wavestate, it has enabled me to inject a musicality, feeling, emotion and truely human element (0xymoron I know!?!) into my music that has hitherto been missing for the last 30 years. I would recommend it in a heartbeat. It is an absolute join to play and an amazing learning tool. Hans Zimmer, look out sunshine!!!:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

It’s the Irijule Theoryboard.
You can dial down the brightness but for the purpose of the pic, I gave it full beans!
It has turned me from a ham-fisted, talentless buffoon into a note perfect, ham-fisted, not so talentless, tuneful buffoon. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Really like your stuff by the way.

1 Like

Exchanged some machines over the last year and had to re-arrange everything so it fits on the desk…

21 Likes

How do you compare the Theory Board to the NDLR?

1 Like

Your setup is quite similar to mines with Quantum, Analog Four, Digitone and Norddrum 3p. Whats your music style?

I appreciate the symmetry here.

1 Like

I gotta say I’m in love with this thing. I should be recabling (ala @Scot_Solida) this weekend but having so much fun sampling and resampling on the sofa that I can’t get around to it :slight_smile:

It certainly can’t replace your Elektrons, but as a means to augment your main boxes it’s awesome.

10 Likes