Show your selfmade solutions

Homebrew Micromonsta stand.
There’s a large rubber ball under the cover that I can move around to adjust the incline. It’s much more enjoyable to work with this way.
The texture of the Dog Man book cover is perfect against the feet of the MM. Doesn’t slide at all.

23 Likes

Can’t go wrong with a bent book-end and Velcro.

19 Likes

A couple of rack cases. Nothing special. Easiest things to make. The one with the mixer has a slanted section and a straight section for ergonomics.

7 Likes

Three recent builds. A two ring modulators in one box thing. A matrix mixer. And a modular utility box for my mb2s with a couple of joysticks (among other things) salvaged from a smashed stereo receiver that was laying in the road.

11 Likes

Little noise maker in a bandaid box.
Casio mt40. Halfway between circuit bent and properly modded. Sleng Teng riddim machine for those familiar with the digital dub scene.
The brain for my recently built electronic drum kit. Alligator clip friendly interface for mangling audio. I’ll take a pic of the kit next time I’m where it is.
image image image

15 Likes

A DIY stand (Aluminium + wood) for my setup.
I’m now able to move it around the house, with only a power cable to plug/unplug !

16 Likes

Headphone hanger. Just a couple of old trophies from a garage sale screwed into a board.
Three guitar stand made of some alder left over from a furniture build at work. This was meant to be a prototype but I’m lazy sometimes and it’s good enough.
A couple of pedals I threw together. The yellow one is based on about two thirds of a vintage rat circuit board I found in a dumpster long ago. Rebuilt it and added a feedback circuit. The other is a feedback loop pedal I built inspired by the dba tsa but expanded on.
Rack mount reverb made from a broken lamp, small speaker transducer, a cheap headphone amp, and some contact mics.
image image image image

9 Likes

I made a passive switch that routes two samplers ins to the others outs and vice versa for quick bouncing back and forth. Works great and elevates swapping cables and the dreaded jam killing wake the family feedback. My drilling was off for couple RCAs but only had one 1590A at the time so I let my OCD make an exception.

3 Likes

this would be a great idea for my BlackBox. Thanx

advanced arpeggiator, MIDI processor, metronome.

5 Likes

5y ago I made a RPi + SunVox based synthesizer cased in a wine-bottle case. The most funny 2 weeks I had in my whole DIY life. Unfortunatelly I’m not using it much in production but it’s nice to fire it off every now and then.

Later it was followed by yet another project combining RPi, Axoloti and Goom synth. More of a mini synth-workstation.

6 Likes

Very cool stand. Looking for something like that myself.

Can you tell what the aluminium shelves are?
Would you share the measurements of the side panels?

Rex E Fex

that’s awesome

1 Like

this is amazing
I’ve got GAS now

1 Like

Could never find stands that were tall enough, so got a heavy duty curtain rod and there you go.

7 Likes

I make quite a bit of stuff, often out of necessity as a lot of things I want are not available, some random stuff I made:

CV junction box to save trailing cables

Sync expander for Oplab

Knob box for ARmk2/AH

Stand for gear

OPZ Oplab CV breakout box

Axoloti general purpose thingy

Commodore 64 sync interface

Midi to trigger/CV banana box for use with Bug modular

Squarp Pyramid button box for track up/down etc.

Bassboy enclosure

Banana to minijack converter

31 Likes

Can get the info from githib to make your own (GitHub - rasteri/SC1000: An open-source digital portable turntablist instrument ).

Also saw this place selling some(usually out of stock lol)
https://portablismgear.com/sc1000.html

Macgyver!!!

5 Likes

Ha, that would be @Airyck his stuff is next level :brain:

3 Likes

A4 to eurorack adapter, 4x CV 2x audio in 2x audio out

11 Likes