Your Setups (Part 2)

I am seeing a potential series here Models on the Wild

1 Like

No knobs or buttons to distract you from making music :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Is that a BC Rich Warlock?

5 Likes

Proudly, yes! Haha! Got it for $99 and couldnā€™t be happier. Even though Iā€™m obsessed with Jags and Jazzmasters, I have a soft spot for ridiculous pointy guitars.

5 Likes

That thing gives me so much nostalgia. Time to put on some Sepultura!

8 Likes

$99!! Thatā€™s a steal!! Had a Warlock years ago, by time I could afford one used it was beat to shit!!

Awesome!!

4 Likes

Pretty sure thatā€™s an ankle monitor and they cut off their leg to escape.

Be afraid.

5 Likes

Well I canā€™t un-see that now!!

5 Likes

I saw sepultura around 1993-1994 (I just checked and it was july of 1994) with pantera and prong. took some pretty significant damage to the face in the mosh pit, I think my tooth went through my lip.

great show though, vivid blurry memory right there.

6 Likes

What a line up!!

3 Likes

Better your lip than mine!

4 Likes

Still going strong :slight_smile:

64 Likes

Here is my new stationary OTB setup.

Unfortunately only temporary, as the MIDI communication between the two devices doesnā€™t work well (Iā€™m not talking about more sophisticated things like program changes or CCs, but ordinary note-off commands).

Apart from that, the two instruments fit together very well in terms of features, sound, look and functionality. The SH-4D reacts surprisingly well to sound locks and CC p-locks coming from the DT.

UPDATE:

I was able to solve the MIDI problem with the note-off commands using a Retrokits RK-002 (a programmable MIDI cable).

Today I spent the whole evening jamming with the two devices, which was a lot of fun. They work really well together. I think I will keep the SH-4d.

18 Likes

Ok, here we go!

25 Likes

I saw that tour too! And Neurosis the same year as I recallā€¦ both in Portland, OR. Brutal.

7 Likes

I seem to think it was called the ā€œfar beyond touring - the world tourā€ tour, a cute little homage to far beyond driven.

1 Like

:joy_cat:

Isnā€™t this thread actually Part 3? :wink:

1 Like

Blurred books?
Looking over all the unintentionally shared details is the best part though

4 Likes

It started at 0. :wink:

5 Likes