Your Setups (Part 1)

I could, but I wouldn’t be able to get a taller case on then :slight_smile:

Planning on only like three rows max so it won’t be super huge or anything (the weight’s gonna be more about how wide I go really), that’s pretty much exactly the height of those holders which came with the stand. I was thinking of securing the case to the holders themselves with Command strips or something but I’m confident it’d be balanced enough either way so long as the holders don’t rotate. That’s really my only concern since the crossbars have the anti-rotation thingys as extra security.

I did chuck a pretty big and heavy book on there for a while when I first got it before putting anything else on and it seemed fine (not exactly long-term use though), there’s just something about the concept of securing something with only a clamp onto a shiny surface that bothers me! I’ll probably just do it in the end and become neurotic about checking how tight it is.

This looks like such a nice space to chill and make music in!

1 Like

Thanks. Yeah it’s nice, I’d happily sleep in there as well if my partner let me…

1 Like

Thanks for the input guys, I’ve had a total rethink! Grabbed a Doepfer case and the Matriarch is getting moved to a proper desk.

Bit annoying as the Jaspers is literally a couple of months old and now surplus to requirements but I think I’ll be happier knowing everything will be properly supported! Just need to find a heavy duty riser or something to raise the Doepfer up a bit now…

1 Like

I had the same worries about my Jaspers stand. However much I tightened the clamps the main bars would still rotate meaning it was hopeless for old keyboards with aftertouch that needs a firm press. The end pieces on the holders are also not suitable for all synths, especially ones with chamfered edges under the keys. Ended up making a frankenstein sit/stand studio desk from it with an old table top from Ikea.

13 Likes

Replace it with what?

1 Like

Transfer them to what, and how would you prefer to deal with it?

I have ARmk2 and DT. I’ve not had any issues with storage. Transfer app is simple and quick, drag n drop. Of course these aren’t intended for super long samples. If the plus drive is a limitation go for OT.

2 Likes

Going to be testing out this setup over the next month:

16 Likes

nice keyboard skin, looks like very detailed cheatsheet

Lololol, your desk is like:“yo, look what I got, check these two out!” :hugs:

2 Likes

I see this and it makes me want to upgrade to all MKII’s
I’m trying to envision how the two big ones will look with an OT and AH+FX sitting above them.
Wondering how an OT + AH + maybe another smaller one would look above the A4/RYTM combo.
:thinking:

Heheh…I want to get the laptop and iPad off the desk so I can fill it with all the other gear :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your best bet would be something that streams off a flash card similar to the Tracker then… Maybe a Deluge? Polyend Play?

3GB seems like a lot of samples to me, but maybe I’m stuck in the past.

1 Like

Rytm is definitely quite limited on the sample side of things. Still a lot of fun, but often frustrating when it doesn’t do something you’d like it to. That said I’ve never had a problem with the limited storage space.

2 Likes

Been thinking about an extendable arm for my MacBook. What model did you get/how you liking it?

All seems good now.

The Arms and Tray I bought to support this:
Arms:

Tray:

3 Likes

The update for the DT certainly opened it up but honestly I’ve not used it much since the update. I have been learning the control in on the AR with the A4 lately and having a blast with exploring the two together. I have the DT and ST in a seperate setup, those two are more immediate however their limitations are apparent when going to the AR/A4.

Choosing between the DT and ARmk2 is a tough one and I’ve thought about getting rid of one of the two but I can’t pick which one. Sorry, I’m not helping.

1 Like

Check out Expect Resistance channel on YouTube. I don’t recall his name on this forum but he certainly helps with sparking creative ways of using the AR.

His studio setup is pretty diverse and he incorporates some of them in his AR explorations.

I’ll add the SH-01A in with my Ar/A4 setup just because it’s simple to get good sounds going without much thought and sampling into AR with the control in is crazy fun!

2 Likes

That’s @pokk!

5 Likes