Your Setups (Part 1)

From me. I designed and built it for the gear I have. Normally the MPC is to one side.

30 Likes

round glass spice container: cinnamon, cardamon, fennel, whatever you have that you donā€™t mind your fingers smelling like.

Nice couch! I had a jacket that looked like that! loved it!

3 Likes

It is a nice looking stand.

If you ever get into building stands for all 3 OTO machines together, please let me know. Iā€™ve always wanted to make my own, but itā€™s not very realistic for an NYC apartment. Even getting wood cut becomes a problem if it requires angled cuts.

2 Likes

Baby sitting setup:

9 Likes

Nice work!

Itā€™s very similar to a wavetable synth. If Iā€™m honest, I wish it had LFOs that could turn some of the knobs for me, but thatā€™s my only complain.

Use it for long evolving sounds or to change a simple sequence over time

1 Like

Setup post deployment.

16 Likes

Ti in the haus.

21 Likes

@ViolentMeals
šŸ«”

32 Likes

Iā€™m kind of an art appreciation guy so I want to see the bigger picture here but that monomachine keys is really distracting.

2 Likes

Very nice collection!

Gotta thank @glaive for parting with that beautiful sfx6 :partying_face: reflowed some stuff, replaced the joystick and still planning to clean the keys a bit, its a beast.

4 Likes

wasnā€™t there also a rave flyer collection at some point or am I imagining things?

1 Like

Somebodyā€™s been tuning tinesā€¦

3 Likes

If you have a socket set in your toolbox and you can find one that comfortably fits your finger thatā€™ll work. Theyā€™re a bit on the heavy side but I used one for a while until I found a nice piece of chromed brass pipe I could cut a chunk off of.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a brilliant suggestion. We left a lot of tools behind because of the voltage change, but Iā€™ll root through what we have, once I get my modular reassembled and all the CV, audio, and MIDI cables organized. I seem to recall some cylindrical IKEA furniture-assembling tools, though we didnā€™t ship any furniture, so that might be a dead end.

1 Like

I was hoping some of the Jaspers stand owners might be able to give me some advice or reassurance about how Iā€™m planning to have my Matriarch set up with some Eurorack. At the moment I have a small temporary 4ms Pod (as below) but Iā€™m planning on getting a bigger case made up pretty soon.

My (possibly worrying too much) issue is, I donā€™t feel totally comfortable putting a heavy case on there at that angle even though Iā€™m sure whatever l end up with will be under the 15kg weight limit once filled. Given itā€™d be a load of expensive crap potentially tipping over onto some other expensive crap Iā€™d very much prefer to be ā€˜totally comfortableā€™ :sweat_smile:. I know horror stories with Jaspers are reasonably rare but Iā€™d feel better reinforcing the holders somehow to prevent them from rotating. The crossbar itself Iā€™m not really worried about since it has the extra clamp things on each end for that.

Does anyone have any clever ideas? I canā€™t add another crossbar for support due to the angles involved. So far I can only really think of adding another pair of holders to distribute the weight more or perhaps misusing a leg brace with both ends attached to the crossbar to create a kind of horizontal support for the holders at the bottom. Iā€™m not sure which of those would be the better option really as theyā€™d both ultimately be attached to the crossbar in the same way.

Itā€™s weird that they donā€™t have anti-rotation clamps for the holders the same way they do for the crossbars.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve never had anything happen with any of my jaspers stands either, but had the same fears, so when I was worried I added a third holder. It is probably overkill but makes me feel better.

3 Likes

I am waiting on a TX-6 that I just ordered, which will be used for all the Elektron synths. From there, the TX-6 will go into the Analog Heat, then into input AB on the Octatrack. The Scarlet interface from my computer will go into inputs CD on the Octatrack so I can capture stuff from my computer (splice samples, Ableton, VSTs, etc).

My goal is to have everything easily accessible and be able to quickly record any ideas into the Octatrack. I can apply effects from the OT or the Analog Heat to any of my Elektron boxes, and capture the ā€˜wetā€™ sound into the OT, then tweak as need or just record the dry signal for other parts of the song.

I really love the Analog Heat, and having a setup that allows me to easily apply heavy distortion for synths when I need it, but also allow a dry, non-distorted recording for drums is very nice. The OT will be the final arrangement and performance for all the recorded parts, but I can also have access to create full tracks with just one box if I want to keep things simple, which I still do often.

30 Likes

For what itā€™s worth, Iā€™d be more worried about the case you use being too tall/top heavy and tipping forward off the Jaspers than I would be about the Jaspers twisting on you. Also, when I did have a near accident from putting too much strain on my rack, it was the whole tier itself that turned on me, not the holders. I was adjusting my stand with the synths in place (I believe the synth in question was a Super 6 keyboard, for an idea of weight) so I could get spacing correct, and I wanted to check it would hold up under the strain of me playing. It didnā€™t, and again, it was the crossbar itself that moved, not my holders. Make use of those anti-rotation tabs at the end and I think youā€™ll be fine.

If you really want to do something, I would consider shorter holder arms, so that your case stays closer to the holder arm mounts and you have less mechanical advantage by having the weight farther from the mount.

https://www.jaspers-alu.de/aid-1061-Holders-22B-pair.html

Or, looking at the picture, I think you could get another crossbar over your arms, preventing them from turning forward. You might have to tilt them back a little bit, but I think a crossbar at the very top of the rear leg would fit. Bonus, more room for future holders.

2 Likes