Your Setups (Part 1)

Oh that? I just put that there so my mom would think people get paid for this.

2 Likes

Looks amazing I want to get a computer setup like that in my main studio room to record modular and guitar. Trying to finalize on the best single DAW and whether to get a new Mac or PC. I like the video editing software iMovie on Mac but not sure whether Logic DAW would work better for me than Studio One. I have a love hate relationship with Ableton. I donā€™t like having to work with more than one DAW software package as it cramps my workflow and need one platform that would work equally well to record guitar and synths.

1 Like

Lovely! When I grow up I hope for a setup like this . But instead of Minotaur I wish a grandmother

1 Like

Nice! Iā€™ve been thinking about something like your shelves or something like this: Jaspers 150-6S ā€“ Thomann United States

Did you think about flat vs angled? Curious why you decided on what you did.

I love that jaspers stand. I got the one in black, took off two shelves (6 is a bit cramped to keep everything playable) and everything on it is convenient to reach and easily playable when spaced and tilted as necessary. I highly recommend it. Iā€™ll post a photo of my setup next week once I am back in the studio if you are interested in what it looks like,

2 Likes

Aaah I think I remember your Digitone button progress, nice nice nice!!
Would you dare switching out the white keys with black ones too?

Looking real neat, not gonna lie :mechanical_arm:

angled works great as well, and Iā€™m currently employing that with other stands. itā€™s been my experience though that with such solutions, eventually you have things blocking the controls/display of one-another vertically. so you can see most of the controls, but a handful are tricky to get to, and then you donā€™t use them. it depends on the machines and how many youā€™re putting into the stand of courseā€¦ sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnā€™t. also, for me, I donā€™t like playing machines too far away from waist height. itā€™s fine if those machines donā€™t have a ton of controls Iā€™ll need to tweak. or if theyā€™re around knee height I can play them from my chair comfortably. but anything at/above shoulder height or at/below shin height needs to be relatively simple.

this solution works well for me because I typically sequence these drum machines via a Cirklon. so I mainly need to access their controls as I work on the track, and not their entire sequencing interfaces. the OB6 position makes writing with the Perfourmer very convenient, which I can then tuck away if Iā€™m not using it in the track. this allows me to then reach the drum machines; or just have more free space to move about in the room.

another factor is the original shelving unit was $50. and I already owned that. the sliding shelves were $130 shipped. I will convert them to 100% chrome eventually, which may cost around $100; and then Iā€™ll have a free shelf for further studio or home needs. the stand you linked to is $512 to get to me. which Iā€™m OK spending if I think itā€™s a better solution. but Iā€™ve wanted to try this setup for a while now; and so far Iā€™m happy with it.

that was pretty long-winded, Iā€™m sorry :rofl:

1 Like

I already did that :joy:
The picture above for Minitaur/DN/M:S was from 2021

13 Likes

Ah I seeā€¦ hmm well hard to say, white keys look pretty alright too actually :face_with_monocle:

The noise removal on the bottom right is absolutely necessary (?) though

No, not too long at all. Thatā€™s great. Thank you!

1 Like

OT can be polled by sending a specific cc# and it will respond by sending out all its cc parameters. The other elektrons donā€™t have this feature. They do however send out individual ccā€™s when a parameter is changed and it is configured to do so. But thatā€™s not a practical way to sync with a 32 knob controller or so.

Thanks. Very interested.

I put together a small comfortable rig for my first live show post-lockdown, though it is the first time iā€™ll be taking the modular out live! (gig info listed in this post in the lounge
Bristol (UK) Sat 26th March, Larkhall, Duncan Speakman, Jay Chakravorty )

22 Likes

Is that the Analog Heat Mk3 on the left?

8 Likes

itā€™s actually the protoype. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

love the custom cable hanger :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

*scrolls all the way back through this thread to see if thereā€™s a matching setup :rofl:

3 Likes

For sure the highest quality items in the there hahaha.

Thanks for the info! Iā€™ll give this a try with my midi fighter twister to see if I can deal with the limitations.

1 Like

Not wanting to complicate things, but I personally do feel itā€™s easier to ballpark flick a knob/fader/pot towards the right area than it would be with an endless encoder - I never fully get muscle memory with endless encoders.

Not to try to talk you into an expensive Faderfox, as said I use/like midi controllers on and off myself. But just to flesh out the full picture.