Your Setups (Part 1)

My car got stolen this week, which has forced me to start selling on everything I was unsure about or that was even slightly redundant. . Not the ideal reason to be slimming down, but I’m excited about how this feels, just looking at a less full desk makes me want to sit at it and make stuff more.

21 Likes

Went the ios route and went mad with controllers. Dont get me started about the LXR drum machine. No inputs any ( maybe ) Seriously considering an o-coast. Can it be sequenced from ipad with just midi out? I assume any/even a bluetooth keyboard would send to sequencer and sequencer to o-coast?

5 Likes

Havent setup but mainly envision. Euclidean drums to pc12 but then sometimes volca drum or hammerhead app. HH will be cool for scratch practice near omni deck. So euclidean drums. A bass synth on nanokey to a standard sequencer which can be manual input, should the euclidean drum tweak to a different style. Then transpose drum samples on launchpad mini. Transpose route notes of euclidean synths ( but which are already generative ) from launchpad mini. Live radio sampling, just by pressing a button, then going through looper. like gauss and then effects like rescan. a pad synth on main keyboard. Midi control of synths/midi effects/mic effects/effects on ec4. Nanokontrol just as a performence mixer. App combos on dual screens like Mononoke and shoom. Dvs input for turnatable from a phone into main session. Likely adding an 0-coast because of sound and because some app combos would just be more midi for the ios version of 0-coast ( ripplemaker ) Will see about an audio clip launcher for last launchpad custom mode. The ocoast might be enough to make me not wish I didnt buy hardware. Although theres virtual versions plus a turntable in about 1+ metre space.

How are you using the LPPro with the A4/AR?
I’ve just picked one up and I’m thinking of using it with my A4/AR set up…

1 Like

I’m using it as a midi keyboard. I intend to use it as the pads for my AR as well because the LPpro pads are so much more sensitive, a lot more velocity nuance using them. I made a custom template for my DT before I ended up upgrading to the AR, havent gotten around to making the custom page for AR yet tho.
I’ve been using song mode so I can play guitar over stuff lately, but I always imagined you could potentially set up custom pages with program changes for pattern changing, then you could use it like you would in ableton for launching scenes.

1 Like

Bought some stuff, sold some stuff.

32 Likes

What’s your rack/stand??
I need something like that now…

What is “The Grid”? I love grid style controllers, but they’re massive (except yourn)

It’s a Jasper’s six tier stand, it has a 145cm internal width. But you can adjust it pretty much how you want it.

1 Like

This might not be relevant to you, but I had a difficult time finding Jasper stands in the USA. My secondary option was the On-Stage KS-7903 3-Tier A-Frame Keyboard Stand, and additional support shafts and arm brackets were purchased as needed.

I have two of them in my secondary studio, but honestly would love the Jaspers instead. Nevertheless, the On-Stage stands fulfill its intended purpose.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, but shouldn’t be too hard to get here (UK).

2 Likes

I bought my Jaspers stand from Thomann USA and they shipped it over for a reasonable flat fee. However, you have to plan your system carefully, ordering the smaller add-on bits alongside the stock stand, as their flat fees for smaller parcels are not cheap.

1 Like

Thanks for the information!

1 Like

Is that a Black Flag sticker I see on there? Doooope.

4 Likes

Out on the net today
I saw a Black Flag sticker on an Elektron rack
A little voice inside my head said
Don’t look back, you can never look back

15 Likes

Working on my @Fin25 imitation.

21 Likes

Totoro :v:

6 Likes

So 2020…

4 Likes

Nice one.

1 Like

We got some new furniture. An ottoman.

Well, an OT-toman :wink:

Show here with my Raptic Titan Air AC outlet battery pack.
Good for multi-tasking (watching baseball whilst polishing tracks).
Gives me about 9 hours per charge.

27 Likes