Your Setups (Part 1)

Where are Argon and Cobalt?

1 Like

Like I say this is what gels with meā€¦

Argon 8 was ok but I didnā€™t get on with that or the Cobalt 8ā€¦ Iā€™m well happy with this lot for both live playing and sound design/sampling.

1 Like

Do you think - a drum brut is a good drum machine? I have drumbrute impact and have conflicting feelings for him. Sry for bad english

1 Like

Not much difference altho Iā€™ve moved my monitor/soundcard down to bottom of the desk so everything is accessible. The NI midi controller is a bit cumbersome tbh, kinda wish Iā€™d just kept my push 2, but I need something with weighted full-size keys for the OB6 and Ableton. I wish I had more space, and half of my studio gear wasnā€™t stood on empty cardboard boxes as risers and that I could have some monitorsā€¦I donā€™t mind mixing in cans, I wouldnā€™t be able to get away with the volume in my block of flats, But I make do with what I have either way.

9 Likes

How are you using the KeyStep Pro?
Just an input to the MPC? Or are you syncing it and using its sequencer?

I had the same experience with the Cobalt 8ā€¦ every time I tried to give it a job to do it felt/sounded bland/boring, and I just hated how it sat sonically in mixes and with other gear.

I havenā€™t figured what I want to use it for yet but probably use it to trigger the Drum machines and a few mono synths all controlled by the MPCX as master.

Drumbrute sounds absolute SHIT without external FX IMO I have mine going into my Yamaha 01v96i mainly sample it but I do like the sequencer

1 Like

Argon 8 - Sounds too Metallic to me
Cobalt 8 - I can get the same results with a soft synth or better

IMO although you canā€™t save presets on the Behringer clones they sound fab and I also make samples from them and use them with the MPCX

Similar story to meā€¦ it couldnā€™t live with the Peak, Deepmind 12 and Model Dā€¦ and Pigments also ate it for breakfast.

KSPro would give you great ARPs syncā€™d via the MPC to your sound modulesā€¦ itā€™s also cool to use for its performance features (randomisation, etc), then record/print that into the MPC.

Project/pattern management is still a bit shit on the KSProā€¦ thatā€™s itā€™s big let down for me.

1 Like

This corner is almost finishedā€¦

Also a new addition to the Rack of Doom: QV GT
ā€¦ and yet another sliding shelf :slight_smile:

18 Likes

This is awesome! I did not know, that it works and I immediately ordered one, after I saw your post. If it works with the op-z/op-1 it might be possible to send the audio to my radio with any divice (korg volcas, op-1, po), right?

Yes!

No Elektron gearā€¦Youā€™re done with parameter locks?

1 Like

Correct :+1:

2 Likes

Brought the OT and DT back into the fold.

19 Likes

I hope all you guys realize how privileged you are to have these great setups. Appreciate it.

Iā€™m having move into a place thatā€™s going to be too small for me to set up. At my age WhyTF am I still doing this apartment shit.
I gave away and sold so much gear and thingsā€¦and we still wonā€™t fit. All my CDs, most of my records, golf clubs, skates, surfboardsā€¦.

:frowning:

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a bummer. Wonder if itā€™d be possible to find some secure shared artist space to affordably rent out. Iā€™m in a tight space too, considering I share it with my GF and two boys. My setup is currently in the bedroom and I appreciate that itā€™s cool with my partner, but gosh itā€™d be awesome to have a dedicated space again.

1 Like

You wanna see my room mate 9ft x 7ftā€¦ if my oldest daughter hadnā€™t of fucked off to university then Iā€™d still be in the box at the end of our bed using vst plugins and a mac lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Iā€™m gonna be in the box alright.
Cardboard box.