Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Me too, it keeps my body from floating away!

Studio teardown and reset, incorporating new gear that had been scattered all over the house, filling in stuff I sold, and generally trying to be better organized and rational. Even built a little table for the Model 24 in the back corner.

Of course, nothing is plugged in, midi and audio aren’t routed, etc., so the rest of the studio looks like this: :rofl:

[edit]: Also added this giant Aztec sun calendar my dad drew (I shit you not) with magic marker on triple-ply cardboard in the 1970s that my wife won’t let me put anywhere else in the house:

26 Likes

That piece is stunning. Wow.

1 Like

Thanks!–crazy, right? My dad was a scientist who drafted all his own really precise graphs and figures by hand, and he liked to do this kind of crazy stuff for fun. He also did a full bedsheet-sized panel from the Egyptian book of the dead that he stained with varnish to make it look like papyrus. Sadly, I wasn’t able to rescue that one…

7 Likes

New Apartment. New Wall of Joy:)

40 Likes

That’s one fancy sandwich toaster (to the right), I bet that does a good ham and cheese toasty.

19 Likes

I thought it was a waffle iron! I guess you learn something every day!

4 Likes

I’ve sold a shit load of gear to help pay the bills this year and still have bucket loads on storage but I’ve been pretty productive with this little lot.

12 Likes

That’s a lovely space.

1 Like

That’s great looking. What Shelving unit is that you’re using here?

2 Likes

Nice! A black Waldorf Microwave XT! Very rare! Have Not seen the XT for a while now. I Wonder where all those Waldorfs went…also the Q…

And then a Jomox Xbase special Edition too! Wow.

1 Like

I miss my XTk every day. I would LOVE to get another some day.

1 Like

S/h prices are very high…

It‘s a Transrotor ZET1 and you‘re right: I loved the Design when I bought it about 12 Years ago. Wouldn‘t by it again for the Design but still think it it very nice looking and sounding (!). Prices doubled since I bought it so it was still a very good decision to go for it:)

Very pleasing to the eye. Plus Untrue, The Epic and Mellon Collie - solid choices!

2 Likes

Thank you! I really think it turned out better than I hoped for:)

It is the IKEA Elvari System. You can configurate it very flexibel for your own needs.

There‘s a little Home Office Workspace at the backside:

One more angle:

15 Likes

Thanks! I really like it too:)

As you might have guessed: The hardest choice was to choose the right records to display in the beginning. But i guess that will be a work in progress with Untrue as the one too stay:)

3 Likes

Your place looks really nice! One suggestion for the workspace in the niche: get the cables under the table and the PSU as well - it triggers my ocd :upside_down_face: - is that your wife’s desk?

1 Like

Problem is: The Table is mounted to the wall so i would have to remove it from the wall to put the cables under. It is on my to do list but not at one of the urgent spots:)

1 Like