Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Brand new organisation with some new (old) toys :wink:

Nice. Knobs, buttons, sliders. Wish I hadn’t gotten rid of my A&H mixer. Very similar setup to mine. What’s underneath the Juno 106 if you don’t mind me asking?

Nice. Knobs, buttons, sliders. Wish I hadn’t gotten rid of my A&H mixer. Very similar setup to mine. What’s underneath the Juno 106 if you don’t mind me asking?[/quote]
I bought the Zed 14 a few weeks ago and I’m loving it. I had a Zed 10 before, but needed more channels (as you can see!). Also, 4 aux sends are amazing.
The Juno 106 is on top of a Rhodes Mk II, which is probably my favourite instrument.

@matheusleston

Yes, that’s one of the main reasons I bought the zed. I planned to do some whacky dub techno send fx madness. Ran out of room though and it had to go. What all do you use on the sends? I see a Strymon box I think.

Rhodes. Ah, cool.

Aux 1 and 2 are connected to the Akai tape recorder or to the Octatrack. As those are prefader, I can monitor the recordings through the machines. Aux 4 is indeed connected to an Strymon pedal, the El Capistan. Amazing effect.
Rhodes + El Capistan + tape machine is a killer combo!

Yeah, I bet that is pure bliss. Drooool!

Cat near synthesisers not in space.

1 Like

Hey Jay what is that stand your elektrons are on its bad ass…[/quote]
we’ve made our own, it’s made with components by ITEM and some custom CNC machined bits

Current setup.

There’s more crap in the rest of the studio but I mainly just chill in this corner.

:wink:

Did some pre-winter maintenance on the setup. Still too much stuff, but at least everything is hooked up and working.

Every time I see Push 2 in the context of a setup it looks bigger and bigger.
I may need to install a drawer under my desk to get the keyboard and mouse out of the way for it.

It is definitely large, but in terms of usefulness per square inch, it really can’t be beat. However you’ll notice the Octatrack is still front and center :wink:

It is definitely large, but in terms of usefulness per square inch, it really can’t be beat. However you’ll notice the Octatrack is still front and center :wink:
[/quote]
I noticed! And yet poor MM is way out in the next zip code. :frowning:
Just like mine.

What kind of mixing board is that you have sitting next to the tempest? Also, how sturdy do you feel those Z-stands are? I haven’t found one in person to test it out, but was considering ordering it online.

This seems like the perfect setup with a few added bonuses. Which do you use the most? Which do you use the least?

Ableton Push 2 + UAD Apollo Twin Solo + SSL X Desk + Munro Eggs 150 + Minimoog Voyager is my current mood. I may play with the analog keys soon.

1 Like

hahahaha that elektribes , very nice

holly shit . what a setup man

My office is really drafty in the winter so I moved the meat of my set up into the living room for the winter. Looking forward to tackling a completely analog arrangement. Roland Rhythm TR-330 on the bookshelf, keys and MS20 mini on the stand, sp404sx beside the Rokit.

It’s the first time I’ve had a window by my gear, I’m kinda hoping we get a really brutal winter so I can compose some dissonant cold drones.

What kind of mixing board is that you have sitting next to the tempest? Also, how sturdy do you feel those Z-stands are? I haven’t found one in person to test it out, but was considering ordering it online.

This seems like the perfect setup with a few added bonuses. Which do you use the most? Which do you use the least?[/quote]
The mixer is a Behringer Xenyx 1204FX which I grabbed just to sum up the synths before they head into the Octatrack. The Z Stand is quite sturdy, built like a tank. Everyone tells me Behringer is garbage, but I honestly don’t notice. It’s just a hobby :slight_smile: