Your setups [ 10k Archive]

that room is seriously awesome. I’d likely use it for music one way or another, predominantly because of the isolation. a drum kit, for example. you’d obviously need to do a lot of acoustic treatment though…

2 Likes

There are also two other rooms in the basement. The biggest one is maybe 27’ wide and 30+’ long, with a brick wall/fireplace on the north side and two concrete walls on the east and west. It isn’t isolated like the shelter, but still has a nice sound. It’d be good for drums (though it’ll be be used primarily for art/printing, electronics). All of these rooms are decent enough, but will need some sort of additional treatment for use in recording. I’ll probably only use the tornado shelter regularly for recording - as a small reverb chamber (with the aid of gobos). It’ll only be useful for a pretty particular sound… the Taj Mahal it aint! No way to know until I get moved in and start experimenting.

3 Likes

Please get “in case of emergency, calmy make your way to the reverb chamber” signs made. :pray:

8 Likes

24 Likes

Home Alone = Analog Saturday Living Room Setup :sunglasses:

14 Likes

I built new furniture for my music the last Week. All but the Mixer-Stand and the 19" rack on the right is new.
The shelf on the left is deep enough to place more than one row of hardware into it, just need to build some stands there. The stand on the table will get a new 32" Screen. The left part of that stand can hold 19" gear, just needs fittings for it.
Mixer-Stand will be replaced soon. The new stand will be nicer looking wood, bigger and have a slot for the 8-channel Stereo-Mixer that is currently placed on the desk.

33 Likes

My corner of the small one bedroom apartment I share with my girlfriend. Using the DN + DT alone was nice, but with the SSL SiX added it was time to hook everything up properly. I look forward to more space so I can use more of my synths and effects, but I enjoy how focused this small setup is.

25 Likes

How do you like the MS knob?

This is very nice. I’m in the process of designing and preparing to build myself some furniture this Spring.

The SO is out for the day and I decided to take my setup from speculative to temporary reality and put some stuff out to play with… My afternoon is all booked up.

31 Likes

Interesting, unexpected routing scheme you have there, sir.

:eyes:

3 Likes

Normally I probably wouldn’t do it that way considering I have a patchbay and all, and I’m not too sure what I’m going to with it just yet but figured everything going into the OT with the option to CUE to the MD made sense. We’ll see what happens…

2 Likes

Setup of the day, gotta love Sundays!

Better start practice now before I take jazz guitar lessons later this year.

:cat:

9 Likes

Reducing my modular gear from this:

To this:

I can still sequence my SH101 and get some perc and lead sounds from pam & plaits. Easy.

I did the classic Eurorack thing of buying all the modules, I’d been trying to build a baseline and drum setup but ended up not really being inspired by it. Will sell all modules and the awesome case is available if anyone wants it :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Nice. Can I ask what the stand on the right with the Elektrons on is?

Very cool… you don’t feel limited by that setup in terms of modulation sources or anything like that?

I’ve really wanted to start a small modular rig featuring Plaits, Clouds, and Tides, along with Pam or Shuttle Control or something similar, so I’m curious how this is working for you?

I don’t know why but I thought the Deluge would be larger…

1 Like

It’s nice and handy. With its battery it is a perfect tool to take with you!

of the many awkward multi tiered gear racks I’ve seen over the years yours looks the most functional. looks like I could actually use it all without discomfort

2 Likes

It’s an “On stage 3 tier keyboard stand” with some shelves from ikea

1 Like