Your setups [ 10k Archive]

I had mine from new and it has barely been used, but seems to have gone a little crazy, basically from an error in the tuning by me! But it’s starting to show more signs of craziness so it’s going back to Abstrakt this week. I’m sure they’ll get it back to 100% again. Enjoy yours - it really is a beast :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know it’s amazing. I’m constantly needing to justify the cost for how much I use it, but whenever that gets on top of me i just go turn it on and crank up the sub!
Hope you get yours sorted

1 Like

This is my live ambient setup: Guitar into a EHX Switchblade pro, which I use as a mixer, with Digitakt or Digitone into one its returns. From there out to my pedalboard and then a Pigtronix Infinity looper.

16 Likes

damn!

My setup. MPC is my hub.

19 Likes

Another beautiful, clean space. It’s inspiring. We have too much junk laying around for my house to ever look like that. How do you like those genelecs – 8010?

2 Likes

I just spoke to Novation support and they specifically said: “No mention of this unit (the Mono Station) being discontinued.”

2 Likes

Yeah, i never saw anything about it being discontinued either. But the recent 50% sale might have starte some speculation. hehe. I like mine. Its a fun little thing. Needs some eq to really shine, but it is fun to play around with.

1 Like

Finally got rid of the Mackie 1404whateverwhocares, and got an ESI U168XT instead so I can integrate all this with Ableton. Op1’s tape syncs f*k all, so for now I’m just using DN to control the different synth engines, arpeggios etc. The Strymons are on Live’s sends.

Next week I’m getting a Faderfox EC4 to control all this + Live like an absolute madman.

16 Likes

You should paint everything WHITE.

1 Like

White stuff is the worst tbh. Everything ends up looking piss yellow and gnarly in a few years’ time.

7 Likes

Looking good, @klonk. I just love iMacs for production. So quiet and powerful.

I really like that dual digi riser you’ve got that keeps OT MK2 in front. The compact yet powerful trinity.

How is the ESI? stable? If you don’t mind, what’s the i/o latency at 64 samples, 44.1khz like? less than 5ms round trip?

Black isn’t much better unless you have a great air filtration system. My 120 year old home is a constant battle with dust.

'bout to paint everything grey

2 Likes

Would you recommend an iMac @AdamJay ?

I’m in the market for a new music production computer and I was leaning toward a Mac mini… but you give me cause to pause!

2015 quad i7 4ghz 27" Retina 5K

They run $1200-$1500 refurbished.
Mine is just as fast as my 16" MacBook Pro until I get to about the 10th or 12th track in a session.

I’ll keep it for many, many years. The dedicated GPU helps Ableton run snappily as well.
Got mine last summer from isellimac on eBay. $1199 with 32GB / 1TB Flash, 4GB GFX

I’d say the fan is as quiet as a mouse, but we had a mouse a couple weeks ago that was noticeably louder. :rofl:

4 Likes

Roundtrip latency is between 4-5ms. For the price (I think it was 400eur) I’m really satisfied. 16 ins, 8 outs :slight_smile:. It is stable on macOS but I can’t speak for the ASIO/Win side. Based on reviews it seems to be ok.

The riser is from a company called Fönik! Quite pricey, but very sturdy.

1 Like

I bought my 5k iMac late 2015. Top specced, I think. Works great still and even with a silly amount of Omnisphere and similar cpu heavy vst instances running I barely reach a 60% cpu load :slight_smile:.

It does get a bit noisy but rarely so.

1 Like

ehm… you’re sure about the plant above your keyboard? :sweat_drops:
ah now I see - there are no cables , so just for the show :wink:

1 Like

@AdamJay I went to the Apple store and checked out the iMac. 99% sure I’m going with the iMac now. Thanks bro :+1:

1 Like

Some very inspiring setups in this post.

Here’s my ever evolving money pit/sanity room…

30 Likes

That monitor… Crikey! Good thing your chair rolls and pivots… :wink:

Cheers!

1 Like