Your politicians ... isn´t it so much fun?

and any second now here someone will start throwing the “ist” and “phobe” labels at each other and its all over :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That guy is a maniac. I was so pissed when this war hawk insider was brought onboard as staff. He bares responsibility for a few other military excursions, cough, cough, undeclared wars. It’s a revolving door with many of these staff types.

Honestly i think he was the only one to take the job.

@turbiville thats a bit phobeist :joy:

And probably istaphobic too :rofl:

2 Likes

Im a total istaphobe.

1 Like

LOL. there’s even a f****ng graph in this thread.

Here goes. Bunch of folk gonna get bent out of shape, because this is the truth.
Politics exists, because people engage in it. It’s a circus side show act. The only people that participate in it are people with zero hobbies, zero skills, and zero interests. Don’t be an enabler.

2 Likes

I think politics like this exist because of positions like that. If people were more engaged and knowledged it would be very different.

1 Like

like Tutankhamen, if you were to be buried and only allowed one elektron machine within your casket to represent your soul, which would it be?

Or am I breaking the dialogue?

Samples allowed: OT
Not: MNM

Actually not just elektron

Hmm, not so sure it is that simple unfortunately, it affects everyone. I don’t think it is wise to blindly follow a particular party or to be under the illusion that they any of them are looking out for your best interests though, the idea is to pick the less evil IMHO, and that is going to be different for different people, depending on what motivates you.

6 Likes

I’d lean toward op1

1 Like

Oh well in that case: maybe still OT with samples. I mean…what else does one need, honestly.

Tough call. Probably OP-1 or OTmkII

Right. Being a citizen doesnt stop at one election. You vote for who best fits you and then you keep pushing them.

If you vote you are part of the problem. :slight_smile:

I vote municipal and I voted separatist party provincially, but normally wouldn’t have. Federal, you’d never drag me out. I see absolutely no reason to encourage a bloated bureaucracy that seems to exist solely to extend its reach and intrusion (costing me more money.) -tears-

Basically I feel that a city state is a more workable scale with humanity. Got this idea from Nicholas Taleb. Took me awhile to sit with the idea, but I can see the advantages.

“Anti Fragile” should be required reading for all, btw.

Agreed.

Luckily at least in the United States, a similar idea is already built into the system. But has been corrupted and abused. Still, the framework is already there.

I think a people’s government should be within a reasonable driving distance. Things get to big and suddenly no one is responsible for anything anymore. Corruption festers because its impossible to keep track of.

Alot of Americas problems could be solved with a return to federalism and devolving things down to a more personal level.

1 Like

I don’t vote, I draw a nice big cock and balls on every voting paper in every election since I was old enough to vote.

Because I’m a child.

2 Likes

I don’t agree.

I do agree however that there should be more control in the hands of smaller governments (republicanism…federalism is what the US has.) However, as it stands now, I am not going to sit by and let terrible people do what they want with the government that exists. Doing nothing, not voting your dissent, is allowing the status quo to remain.

Voting isn’t the only way to register your displeasure.
In fact, I’d say it’s probably the worst way of going about it.