Your politicians ... isn´t it so much fun?

The frustration is that there probably would be a majority in the UK for something like a Norway+ arrangement but Tories and Labour keep playing their games.

I’m very much pro EU but to put an end to this nonsense I’d accept a compromise. I can’t accept no deal or the Brexit deal put forward 3 times now.

1 Like

Apologies to others though for banging on about UK/Scottish politics. Its only been in the last couple of years that I’ve actually taken an interest in politics. As much as worldwide politics are a mess, it makes for fascinating reading.

1 Like

As far as I understand it the deal May was pushing was functionally equivalent to being a member of the EU but without any say on policies, it didn’t help with reports of certain EU members laughing that the UK would be essentially a republic of the EU.

Then you had the Labour party whose core voters of traditionally mostly working class people want to leave the EU, but their middle class voters mostly wanting to remain, so they did not seem to be able to agree on much within the party.

Personally I think taking no deal off of the table is not likely or wise, it gives the UK a stronger position on negotiation going forward if a deal is what people want.

1 Like

Ignorance is bliss when it comes to politics. I stay away form it just like the national/local news and social media. I live a better life cause of it. Major life changing news will find me, otherwise I’m out trying to make wherever I go a better place.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Everyone seems terrified that somehow causing a ripple in the comfortable status quo risks the collapse of the western world.

So much so that the vast indifferent majority of people are prepared to put up with gross incompetence, corruption and outrageous accumulation of wealth by a tiny minority in order to keep the peace.

Society needs a hard kick up the arse. No better a catalyst than clearly incompetent deceitful populist agitators to motivate more truly decent and intelligent people to abandon their privacy and careers for the good of the country.

I look forward to seeing the post-Trump post-Farage, post-looney left, post looney-right new wave of politicians come through in the next decade.

I’m not an American, but I admire some of the new voices emerging. Europe & UK seems a step behind though in bringing forward new thinking.

Fair play to elektron for allowing a bit of civilized political discourse - and at a glance up this thread looks like everyone is engaging productively! I really dislike ugly, rude, dishonest politics!

6 Likes

Very optimistic. I hope you’re right and I hope they have time to sort it out.

1 Like

check out the kinda politicians we have to deal with in Ireland… :confused::joy:

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:
I’d vote for him, did he get in?

3 Likes

I don’t think so :joy:

vote for me or I’ll bleedn bate ye round with a stick :+1:t3:

5 Likes

Haha. I’d vote for him. He isn’t wrong. There’s plenty of politicians in office that need to choke on their own teeth.

1 Like

@mokomo, was this the sort of politician you were waiting for?

1 Like

You’re very lucky to not have what’s going on affecting you directly.

Unfortunately a lot of the rest of the world is not in such a privileged position.

Here in Germany the official Media tries to ignore it. At least the Journalists that belong to the Club of the atlantic Bridge.

1 Like

just out of curiosity, who do you have in mind?

We’re at it again. Another politician trying to start another endless war for their “legacy.”

Are you referring to Trump? To his credit he’s not into it. It’s that maniac Bolton.

Trump is very clear on this: he bears no responsibility for the people he handpicks.

Otherwise he’d be behind bars, sharing a cell with one of his recruits.

1 Like

Trump… :cry:

The person most responsible for this disgrace is Mitch McConnell.

Trump is going to be Trump. No one should expect anything more than what is best for him. It’s up to Congress to check that behavior and the Senate does.not.care.

Masterfully done. No question. Got his Courts filled with conservative judges and tax breaks for his pals. But if the Republic burns that’s on him doing a deal with the devil.

Fuckin spinless turtle.

1 Like