Your plans for 2021!

I’ll start this off, this year I intend to put some tracks together for an ep and release it on Bandcamp or something, I’ve been saying this for probably the last 15 or so years but never get round to doing it, so this year I need to knuckle down and get something done and finished !!

32 Likes

Build my small home studio in February, finally buy a big sky (I always buy another effect first) , get deeper in all the stuff I bought this year…

4 Likes

The Year of No New Gear. I have enough great tools - Time to get to know them better and stop wasting my energy chasing magic bullets. Feel free to throw me a WTF if you see me hanging around here looking suspicious.

Otherwise, I’m planning on making some progress on a couple of books I’ve already sketched out. Not having a job anymore is going to help with that. Oh yeah I also need to get a job.

Have a good one everyone. This place has been a big help in this fucked up year. See you around!

36 Likes

Going to limit myself with the tools, make a plan detailing what I am going to do and when while not judging myself too much about the actual results … but level up on the actual work it takes to get out an album with some personal tunes.

8 Likes

-try to buy as little new gear as possible
-record more
-2000km running, 4000km by bike, 100km swimming

16 Likes
  1. Lose 4 stone.
  2. Finally play live somewhere public.
  3. Acquire and master the Octatrack.
  4. Join a cult.
36 Likes

Three and four are pretty much the same thing

40 Likes

Tackle my anxiety and mental health issues.

My mum died last week and that’s given me a kick up the arse to get the ball rolling.

Get fit.

Make as much music as possible and enjoy doing
it.

Play live and/or find a small venue to DJ.

Possibly retrain/find a job that actually makes me feel valued and helpful.

44 Likes

As long as it’s not one of them sex cults.
None of that for me thanks.

1 Like

Would this be the right time for @sezare56 to show you some nudes of the Octatrack?

4 Likes

Remove two tracks and it’s technically a Sexatrack. I’m not sure what to do with that information.

10 Likes

Release more tracks, play more guitar, be intimate with a lady.

5 Likes

i’m amazed that that guy in yellow hat hasn’t answered yet …

4 Likes

Move somewhere rural, buy a proper desk for the first time in years (so I can stop having my boxes and cables scattered across the bed), get my old Mackie monitors back from an ex, buy a black Octatrack, then record and release an album. I suppose I should get back into running every other day too :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Done :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

Congratulations.

2 Likes

Right, plans.

1. Finish and release the two albums (one electronic solo album, another more of a psych rock band thing I’m part of) I’m currently working on.
  2. Find a way to let people know about my album beyond one brand-specific gear forum WITHOUT spending all the time I could spend making new music on social media advertising my album.
  3. Make some more music.
  4. Start running again.
6 Likes

Kids are no longer babies so I now get more sleep and spare time. Plan is to get back to regular music making in 2021. Sold all my hardware for more focus and will NOT entertain GAS. Back to ITB with Push, Live and VSTs.

Well, that’s the plan anyway.

8 Likes

Oh yeah! Still want to leave Berlin and move to Crete … might take longer than a year before we manage/decide though. A man can dream.

3 Likes

I have to finish some EP for labels that are waiting for.
Sounds cool on paper but not for someone who is never happy. So first thing I’ll do is less pressure and see what happens !

5 Likes