Your most beautiful instrument

13 Likes

The most beautiful instrument…

1 Like

The goddess of the night…

3 Likes

17 Likes

9 Likes

While I’m not a huge fan of the look of most electronic instruments I have to admit that the Analog Solutions and GRP synths posted here are beautiful. I also like single manufacturer modular systems, Industrial Music Electronics and XAOC are my favorites. Among the instruments I own the only one I’d say it’s beautiful is the Pulsar-23, especially when fully patched. I really like the contrast of the big, black industrial looking box with pins sticking out of it and the colorful tangled mess of alligator cables. I don’t have any picture of mine but I’m sure everyone has seen one at this point.

2 Likes

18 Likes

Hopf Akkordzither. Created a really meditative custom tuning for it :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Cute, cool tuning.

I have a bigger model…:wink:

(Not my most beautiful instrument)…

@ramcmdr scary movie tuning !

8 Likes

I sold it though :0(

4 Likes

Fabulous. Something about the way the little one is positioned on top makes the big one look like some kind of Mega Zither++ Expansion Unit for when you just need more zither :smiley:

edit - just saw your update to add the scary movie tuning file, sounds excellent :+1:

1 Like

The expressive E osmose, when it gets here in a week or six…

8 Likes

10 Likes

6 Likes

wooden end jowls

2 Likes

It has been over five years so I think I can make a submission again. My Tele and P Bass are a bonded pair so I choose both this time.

And if I had to choose a synth:

10 Likes

If I had to pick, the black Collings I30

9 Likes

That looks and sounds beautiful.

Are you playing it?

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Yes that’s me playing it. There’s also an additional guitar in the background of that recording. The zither and guitar lay flat on my bed, and then I placed a little Tascam portable recorder on the wooden bar at the bottom of the zither, which captured the full body of the sound pretty well and accidentally created a nice, almost distorted tone whenever the wooden bar itself resonated against the recorder.

Conventionally you would tune the left hand side of the instrument to some standard chords and the right hand side to a chromatic scale, but because it’s so easy to tune each string individually I like to experiment with modal tuning, and also microtonality. Here is the right hand side of the instrument on its own so you can hear the tuning in isolation, I just played some harmonics from a wavetable on a synth and tuned it to that

5 Likes

Lovely!

Thanks for the info.

1 Like