Your modulars

Modular really simplifies everything, which is the polar opposite of how modular actually looks!
The addiction is the only problem…
What’s new eh?

4 Likes

I got a slightly bigger case in November (formerly 90, now 104), which seems downright luxurious. I basically couple this with either MAX or the Octatrack with a little matrix mixer in between controlling routing.

8 Likes

A real beauty! :heart:

Extra points for Plonk! (Not exactly ‘widely available’) Wooooooo!

1 Like

Yeah, I’m still not sold on the Plonk. That was sort of an impulse purchase along with the Mutamix to do a lot of the filling out when I got the new case. Not sure if the Plonk doesn’t give me too many voices for the size.
Maybe should have gotten more utilities? Anyway, the Mutamix is super handy. Other than that, I just added a 2 hp burst.

Plonk is great but if it’s not your cuppa you shouldn’t lose too much on it…
I really like the 2hp (company) modules, if I had the money I’d fill a case with all their catalogue, kind of like a cheap-ass Pico system!
Not used my modular for a while, I feel a mega spaghetti patch coming on…

1 Like

Yeah, just still evaluating. It certainly is a cool module, but there aren’t many bad modules, just a matter of sorting out what fits into your workflow and goals. Therein lies the question :slight_smile:

My modular system in its current state, surrounded by old friends. It used to be a full row taller, but at the end of 2016 I skimmed off a bunch of modules which I sold to buy a Machinedrum. I’ve since stockpiled plenty of DIY stuff and will have to add that sixth row yet again. However, we’re moving house in the Spring, so I will probably wait until then. Hopefully the new place will have higher ceilings in the basement so I can keep the “keyboard garage”. Currently, I have no space for both the keyboard garage and the sixth row cabinet.

12 Likes

Sorry, too distracted by what looks like a Synthi in the corner :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, VCS3 MKII plus DK2 keyboard. After nearly four decades of playing with synthesizers, it’s one of the few that can still surprise me.

1 Like

what a studio. well done, and amazing selection @Scot_Solida

1 Like

What an absolute treasure trove. So envious of the Synthi in particular.

1 Like

heck, that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

There’s an Axoloti and a Volca FM hiding behind the Continuum. The Odyssey shown in the above picture isn’t the one that normally resides in that spot. I have another MkII Odyssey, but it’s on my repair bench at the moment. The Linn 9000 and Omni II are also both in need of repair. That’s the trouble with the vintage stuff - you can spend a lot of time servicing it.

9 Likes

Have you ever left your studio?

4 Likes

Yeah, frequently - to drive to my service tech. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

My god… I usually have to part with gear to fund new gear. Amazing studio.

1 Like

Me too! In fact, I have been selling a bunch of stuff to offset the cost of the 2600, which is a new addition to the studio (after I foolishly sold my old one a few years back). But I have been doing this for a long, long time - enough for some stuff to become permanent.

3 Likes

Hey mate. Where do you live?
Love to come around in my van for a visit :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

19 Likes

I’ve only been into euro for a few years but I kind of feel like approaching it piece by piece and putting together my own thing wasn’t very helpful for me. I think along the way my focus was on building a system and trying to get things right, and although I learned quite a bit from it, I lost something along the way (other than money). I finally ended up hocking all of my euro and investing in a make noise shared system and I don’t think I could be much happier (although I still gas for some more modules here and there). Since I’ve had the shared system I’ve found myself having a lot more fun working within the constraints of a 7U system, I’ve made more music and videos than I have in a long time.

For the first month I tried not to alter any of the modules, but right now I’ve picked up an extra wogglebug and morphagene, tempi and brains. I kind of just switch things out depending on what I’m trying to do. For example I have a noise show coming up (my current stuff is kind of noisy but not like non rhythmic head bang to this white noise…) so I’m trying out 2 morphagenes so that I can focus more on sample manipulation and fx modulation. If I was to have an ambient set I might swap out a morphagene for the pressure points to add a little more human expression.

10 Likes

That’s the black and gold edition too. That’s hot!

2 Likes