Your modulars

Modular is freedom of patching, even a simple setup you just mentioned can give very exciting results that you just can’t achieve with the AR’s.
Don’t think in money, think in possibilities.

2 Likes

This is not a good advice :smiley:

3 Likes

Yep…I can see how enticing Eurorack is for new discoveries and so on…must be great fun to jam with. But I have musical ideas before I have sounds …so mostly I need something vibrant and alive but also predictable. And then the cost…:joy: But of course each to their own. Just posting my 2 cents here.

1 Like

:smile:

Modular exploration also makes one return to hard wired synthesis with a fresh perspective, even a greater understanding and streamlined approach to deeper synths…

I reckon…

8 Likes

Finally :slight_smile: works great so far

8 Likes

Are the two small black boxes midi to CV converters?

looks great

1 Like

these are the elektron adapters from the midi cv split kit. I bought two, so I can use all four cvs from the A4. Works perfectly.

4 Likes

impressive eh

using it for laser control mostly…

14 Likes

Wtf, LASER control? Please, tell me more :slight_smile:

1 Like

these projectors that are used for laser shows… they are controlled with analog voltage. There’s a standard called ILDA which is implemented with a standard DSUB-25 connector. So basically you just need to make a cable which has that connector on one end, and modular minijacks at the other, then you can drive the laser projector with CV.

The laser is basically a dot which you can move around horizontally and vertically, and adjust the brightness.

So with 3 CV signals you can control X-Y-brightness and that’s really all there is to it.

e.g. send a sine wave to the x channel, send a cosine wave to the y channel and it’s a circle…

12 Likes

Argh, sounds so cool! I bet one could learn tons about CV using lasers.

Now I want a eurorack laser rig. :-o

If you have any videos of such activities, please do paste them here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

don’t have any good videos unfortunately… we do mostly use it for kind of photography by drawing on special paper and developing, see pics above… I’ve written an engine/synth which takes vector graphics as input and creates signals to draw arbitrary shapes.

4 Likes

My small start with eurorack… .0-coast made me do it :yum:

6 Likes

Birdkids? Whoa. Interesting start – their stuff seems a bit shrouded in mystery, like the Mannequins stuff… Would love to hear it if you end up recording anything.

1 Like

You built this case?

My percussion setup. Thought I would stop at percussion related modules but now have some wood for an Intellijel Shapeshifter. Only thing is I suspect it might overlap too much in sound with my Virus TI.

5 Likes

Leaning tower of fun

13 Likes

Totally agree. Having owned just an 0coast for a while before I boiught some modular I returned to my Virus ti with understanding and more confidence with envelopes and lfos

4 Likes