Your modulars

I’m curious what their plans for expanders are. EQs for some of the channels would be really nice if not too large

This does look very nice… makes me contemplate going a little heavier into euro and dropping some other gear out of my “live” rig.

Currently I run my modular rig into a Spectralis which lets me send the full euro mix through a filter bank and then into a delay and get back the dry wet mix of all that. The results are really good, so I guess it would come down to me finding a good euro delay + filter bank combo to use with the mixer to work this way if I wanted… I do love how the spec sounds though, this is probably more of a if it ain’t broke don’t fix it situation.

1 Like

I want one in my next case but have plenty of OG eurorack mixers for my setups currently.

Almost two years ago I bought a Pittsburgh Modular Structure EP-420 case, and it has sat in its shipping box since delivery. Fast forward to today, I recently obtained a couple Arturia Rackbrute 6U cases to pair with my MiniBrute 2 and 2S Noir. This will allow me to experiment with various ideas on a smaller scale.

No modules yet, but I plan to pick up a few and start building out each case with a different focus. In time, I will migrate modules to the EP-420, but not any time soon.

7 Likes

Just a quick heads up. There seems to be a liquidation of some modules on WMD’s website. I just pre-ordered a C4RBN filter for 170 dollars. Not sure exactly what pre-order means in this case. Maybe they are using all their excess parts? Anyways, there are other liquidation prices on other modules going fast.

1 Like

Yea they’re winding down mate. I picked up a Javelin before they dissapear. Have been toying replacing my Overseer with a Dual Dagger, but I don’t want to sell it!

1 Like

That was one of my first modules. What an amazing design. Sold it after I replaced it with a Veils and Quadra. Probably should’ve kept it. This will be my C4RBN number 2. Love this filter.

That’s my other filter. I think the first or second I bought. Really good for thick poly type sounds and cutting high/low to fit stuff in the mix (freq separation). A good clean utility type filter. Not good over-driven. Better for more tame timbre’s. Not sure if it would replace the Overseer.

1 Like

Those are useful opinions! I have both and need to put them through their paces - I feel like I’m on a lifelong hunt for the perfect stereo filter, I’ve gone through so many - at some point I’m going to end up designing my own (and it will absolutely have its own VCA)

1 Like

Yeah, I think what may really get me in the end with modular is filters. My two main oscillators are the DPO and Plaits. With just those two, i have enough waveforms to last a life time. But, filters? Man, that’s just whats up with Eurorack. Might end up down a dark alley trying to sell my innocence to fund the filter habit.

Do it. Let us know. Can you make it vactrol?

1 Like

New Pam’s announced: https://youtu.be/c-GqncPWfp8

6 Likes

nice… updated screen and some extra settings… i liked the new Euclidian features… great module!

2 Likes

Great! GAS is rising…

Thought I didn’t need to upgrade to this at the beginning of the video, but the UX improvements would be quite a big deal for me and the cross mod stuff looks great. Looks like a bunch of stuff that needed programming (eg. sample and hold) on PNW is now directly accessible, which is also super useful. Screen looks boss too.

Edit: holy moley!

Clock divisors and multipliers from /16384 to x192

2 Likes

I love Pam’s so this was an instant buy for me! If anyone wants an old Pam’s (still an incredible module imo) control modular in the us has them for 25% off now, I’m sure there will be lots of good deals on them

1 Like

ALM’s website: “new supported output expanders coming soon”
I hope the expanders will be compatibile with the old “New Pam” module…

Just wondering what a good random sequencer you’d recommend for my Quad Drum and the expander I just ordered? I already have the Erica Synths Drum and Black Sequencer but I wanted something that’d do all random stuff for my QD.

So far I like this below

Dnipro is only 3 channel so is there anything that would randomise 4 channels without the use for a quantiser as Iv’e read I’d need with this one below?

The expanders aren’t cross-compatible, they use a different connector etc.

A few ideas to consider, not sure if these are exactly what you’re after but might be worth checking out:

• Euclidean Circles by VPME is awesome with QD. Gives you 6 channels of Euclidean rhythms with lots of flexibility and very hands-on control.

• Mutable Instruments Grids (or its clones) seems like an excellent generative drum sequencer, just turn the knobs to get more or less busy rhythms.

• Mutable Instruments Marbles (or clones) has similar functionality to Grids but would also give you some CV to play with if you want to incorporate modulation with your sequencing.

• Some combination of gate/trigger generators and processors. I like to use Pam’s or Tempi with Instruo Eas, a simple logic module, to extract interesting patterns from straightforward gate rhythms. The Mystic Circuits IDUM looks pretty cool for getting drum patterns going. There are probably other things like that but yeah, a combo of modules might get you farther than a single sequencer.

2 Likes

Yes. The screen looks amazing in comparison. Great module. Great update.

Anyone know if it’s still Unipolar CV output?
Seems existing expanders aren’t compatible, which is a bit of a bummer.

Edit, from their site: Outputs: 0-5V buffered.
Bummer.