Your favorite OT Videos as of today, music/performance related

hey, i´m back to the OT.

i´m asking for links to YT for “your” favorite Music related OT Videos…as of today !
_awesome music,
_awesome performances
_inspiring “special” performances or music ( very minimal / very Raster Noton / very Glitch / …very what else ?)

not asking here right now for tipps and tricks and teaching videos. i´ll find those myself :wink:
ohh, links to other threads welcome as well. But i´d like to find my way quick to the perls :wink:

a quick search hasn´t shown me really similar threads. otherwise: sorry !

1 Like

Still this one

11 Likes
3 Likes

Same guy :slight_smile:

This video still makes my body ache at the thought of sitting like that for a length of time.

Great OT skills though!

1 Like

haha. I can’t sit like this longer than half a minute

1 Like

To complete his series of highly influential OT videos. Looking back, this guy made me want the OT the most.

3 Likes

Great ! THE ONE ! deserves to be posted in the first place more than any other :wink:

that was probably the only older really impressive YT vid i stumbled allready across in the past.
and probaly the reason i had to open this thread :wink:

Elektrons own Jam series, Cenk and buddy on the looper machines:

1 Like

Mr. Unifonos own one, Great !

5 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: My very first but by far most watched video :rofl:

1 Like

the 1st one i ever saw and it made me want a octatrack

1 Like

@Unifono was a born natural: plastic ain’t even off that screen yet. :raised_hands:

1 Like

This is excellent - great work! Can’t wait to get an Octatrack back in the house, after being without one for four years. :smiley:

@Stemshade has some really good videos (same name on YouTube). Just start at most recent and work backwards, all soo unique and nice.

This one from Ned Rush I thought was really cool and funny too.

3 Likes

Jon Wayne’s twitch streams have been convincing me to pull the trigger on an OT

Watch Jon Makes Beats: Mndsgn from JonMakesBeats on www.twitch.tv
3 Likes

Thanks for the mention :grin:

The top one @Unifono posted (who uas his own great videos) was one of the first that grabbed me too.
Also love this video from refazer:

And youtuber dakitanmonkey:

There are plenty of great videos with the octatrack, but lots are overlooked because they are stuck in a mess of other hardware. I try to search out stuff like i like making: ripping stuff out of the studio making the most of few pieces of gear. … i swear i spend as much time cabling and moving stuff as actually playing them.

3 Likes

Ha, I do this too! I recently had my digitakt and analog heat parked next to my couch for a couple weeks while working on a couple projects. Finished up last Thursday and move them back up to the office/bedroom/“studio” corner. It’s all about maximizing time with various gear, and sometimes that means moving to the couch despite the need to unplug/replug etc. I often wonder if it’s worth the effort, but at least I’m not the only one doing it!

And people seem to rather click on newer videos that are better filmed and look nicer and more professionell. Nothing wrong with that, but many of my favorites regarding musical quality were filmed years ago with old mobile phone cameras

years ago ? you mean, recorded in a telephone booth ? A red one ? Like in London ?

héhé

lovely monkey !

1 Like