Your favorite glitch machine, pedal or vst?

Yes! Live recording the envelopes with short releases, playing with the SYN2 page parameters to make AB envelope delays, add overdrive and combine with parameter locks and some random LFOs… for example.

yes I have used plenty of them on my DT, specially those crazy drum-like glitchy hits, I can’t recall in which of those soundpacks they are but something to look on.

1 Like

Of course DN does, but you miss retrig option which IMO is a must for glitch. A combination of sample produced with DN and then sequenced on DT is furthermore ideal.

1 Like

i finally bought shaperbox2… about £80.
its very capable of mangling audio and i like the ability to apply it to a specific range of frequencies.

top frequencies could be glitchy, mid could be slowing down, low freq could be bitcrushed and theyre all doing their thing on an easy to use graphic interface at different time signatures.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2-Effects/39-FX-Bundle/5702-ShaperBox-2-Bundle-

3 Likes

I would say so yes. There’s probably various ideas of glitch. If it’s not only stuttering then any synth should be able to do some glitchy modulation. In Digitone stuttering can be done with the arpeggiator and with LFO’s set to pitch.

I got inspired and made this IDM track with the Digitone (edited in Live).

10 Likes

Really nice!

1 Like

Cool stuff! Drums also from DN?

1 Like

A long read, but very glitchy:

http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=59454

4 Likes

Ha!
I bookmarked a similar list the other day,
26 glitch pedals…

There are also lots of good recommendations here

I should add that I have a blooper, and I’ve been trying to milk it for every bit of glitch it will serve. Part of me wishes I waited for a microcosm. But, at the same time, I’m finding that the blooper is remarkably deep, despite its small size. Stereo would be nice, but I’ll deal.

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s Digitone only except for some limiting so drums too yes. They get a little affected by Ctrl-All at times. The DN can do all kinds of electronic drums and glitchy beats. Then run that through OT… (which I didn’t do here).

2 Likes

@Soarer Wow got ot too?
What is your setup?

Old CD player with dry erase markers

2 Likes

PD would be the best bet

Ipad apps:
SECTOR
IDesnity/Stria

HW
Bastl Kastl

1 Like

Not much of a glitch guy, but I would have to say the Pioneer DJ RMX-1000 for basic glitch effects.

DN always running into OT for lots of Scene effects and some stuttering/repeats. I’m working with just that at the moment. Then I have Analog Rytm connected to the other stereo in for dedicated drums. So I don’t use OT as much as I would like for samples but mainly for effects. In another project I run a vocal effect into that input. I love this setup but of course always watching for new stuff :smile:

Are you using any Elektron machines?

1 Like

More recently, just for some randomness, I’ve returned to Audio Damage’s Automaton. It’s well worth checking out and runs on the Game of Life, just for extra geek points. Use the code BF2020 for 50% off your total order right now.

2 Likes

Analog rytm mk1 or 2 ?
3 elektron boxes!
Really nice set up, you can do all with this!
Do you use external effect? Pedals?

I have Ot

Yes so much is possible with this setup. I can recommend reusing your OT sets so that you don’t have to assign scenes and effects for every new project, at least where it’s possible. I use no other external effects. I think almost everything is possible with OT and I like it’s effects. I do use a master bus rack for compression/limiting (T.C. Finalizer). As @sezare56 and @Open_Mike once let me know A LOT is possible with the OT :grinning:
One thing I hope we will see for OT is Trig preview - it would make it so much easier to use.

3 Likes

You mean Some try to do NOT glitch on OT? :content:

8 Likes

A very dangerous link :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes