Your favorite glitch machine, pedal or vst?

Hi what is your favorite machine, pedal or vst for make glitch?
Thx

1 Like

You are speaking my linguistics.

I can’t vouch for any hardware, but software wise, I am quite fond of dblue’s Glitch (and Glitch 2 by extension), Sugar-Bytes Effectrix and I find myself using Audio Damage Replicant 2 on WAY MORE THAN I SHOULD.

Effectrix and Replicant 2 I use heavily on iOS, I suspect the desktop flavors are identical. Glitch/Glitch 2 are VST/AUs.

If/when working in Reason I usually just build out my own glitch effect combinators, it’s just so easy to string things together in wacky ways.

1 Like

Look for Glitchmachines vsts, definetely some great stuff. https://glitchmachines.com

Also Sequent and Loomer were quiet good VSTs.

2 Likes

Oh yeah definetely great one top.

1 Like

Hey

Will try this !
Don’t have reason
Thx

Look nice!
Thx

Some try to do glitch on Ot?

As mentioned above, Glitchmachines makes great vsts. Also, many of them are on sale on pluginboutique at the moment. FractureXT is my go to.

Grossbeat by Imageline is essential for my workflow. Timeshaper is a similar vst but I found it much less fun to use. Grossbeat has an clear gui that allows you to manipulate time/volume easily and be extreme or subtle.

And yes the OT is probably the best way to do glitch with hardware. Not sure what else could compete with it.

2 Likes

still use sugarbytes turnado

3 Likes

As for pedals. ZOIA is insane. Its a modular system in pedal form and you can really glitch out of you would want to.

Microcosm and Modo look really cool as well

1 Like

Unfiltered Audio’s Byome and Triad both have an awesome “stutter” effect which coupled with the modulation section can produce some pretty incredible sounds. I use it all the time.

3 Likes

Don’t know about hardware other than the Octatrack which is great for glitches. I think the OTO biscuit is great too but don’t own one…

And about vsts, I really miss the old Smart Electronix plugins, specially LiveCut and Buffer Override. They were all free!

Besides those, Turnado is really good with the crossfader and Glitchmachines.

3 Likes

Granular samplers in general.

• Tons of stuff in Reaktor
  • Borderlands on iOS (To me it worth buying a iPad just for it. Tactile interface with multitouch points for granular synthesis is a game changer)
  • Waldorf Quantum/Iridium, Tasty Chips GR-1
  • Octatrack, Machinedrum UW, Digitakt (?)
  • even old MPC’s can glitch with the trick to moving start/end loop points. Maschine can do that too very well.
3 Likes

Vengeance glitch bitch is the only one that has worked for me so far. I own stutter edit, but it’s too extreme and not usable for me in a production environment.
Might try the other ones mentioned

2 Likes

Pedals I’ve had that do some value added glitches:
Red Panda Tensor, can do random tape glitch.
Fairfield Shallow Water, kind of LPF/chorus glitch vibes (which I recreated in the Prophet~Rev2 mod matrix).

Machine wise:
1010 Blackbox, make a granular tone then resample for chopping and churning, or just granularise it again.

2 Likes

Digitakt.
And Roland SH 32 that I love. All the problems tha it have are great in glitch land. And working with digital spectrum wave and efx you can create interesting glitch noise.

2 Likes

I would like to mention the Montreal Assembly Count To 5 pedal. Especially mode 2 is great for glitchy stuff like sliced, reversed loops that you can even sequence if you want to (you will need an external sequencer for this, I use an EHX 8 Step Program). Nothing OT can’t do but it is a lot easier and quicker to get some nice results. I use it for guitars mostly.

2 Likes

For pedals, the Meris Ottobit Jr has a sequencer which can control sample rate, filter, or pitch, plus a variable stutter function (including double, half-time and reversed stutters), can get pretty wildly glitchy and unpredictable – perhaps too much, but it is fun.

5 Likes

Indeed Fracture and Hysteresis are pretty good.
And FREE :slight_smile:
Plus they have soundpacks (Spore etc…) available.

1 Like

Ciat Lonbarde Cocolase - It do what it do. All you can do is coax it in some direction

Octatrack - Got it to replace the Cocolase after I thought the Cocolase was down for the count (I’d simply forgot that if plug into the L input, you must plug into the L output, not the R output, to get signal back out). Not quite as spontaneous as Cocolase, but quite a bit more precision control is allowed.

Chase Bliss MOOD - Nice for quick on-the fly glitching.

Empress Zoia - lots of glitchy patches. Like the OT, some advance planning may be required depending on the patch.

1 Like