Your favorite glitch machine, pedal or vst?

This was the video that tipped me over the edge to buy an OT

12 Likes

me too. Classic

1 Like

Not sure if anyone has mentioned the Roland Aira Scooper yet. I kind of assume we are not including eurorack options, but the Scooper can be used as a desktop module and comes with a PSU and case. Quite configurable and if you have a CV source like an A4 I think you could do some very interesting stuff with it.

Unfortunately, of the Aira modular fx it is the one that became reasonably popular with the eurorack crowd so it’s not that cheap.

1 Like

https://inagrm.com

Great indeed!

1 Like

Do you use ot for final mix of track or do you must use daw after?

1 Like

I just discover the ciat lonbarde, really interesting stuff thanks for the find

Ot think it’s the best yes

Mood Wow delay and looper pedal, can be very creative with this

Zoia looking nice

Bit Crusher.Filter.etc…dark style great :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t use a DAW at all. I have a 2 track to record straight from an analog mixer. If I wanted to multitrack and mix down I’d be tempted by a Tascam Model I think

1 Like

Stutteredit 2
Probably lots of reaktor ensembles.
Shaperbox plug-ins

I tend to prefer controlled melodic glitches rather than random … early telefon tel aviv material is really nice , I think he largely did it by hand in ableton…
Ned rush has done some nice YouTube vids for glitch stuff in ableton.

1 Like

Other pedals worth mentioning are the Hexe Revolver, Pladask Fabrikat and The king of gear Mini glitch,

4 Likes

Machinedrum mk2 UW+ comes to mind. Monomachine is also pretty good ^^
Thinking about Autechre here, or @akeyamasou (yes mate, I just put you right there, besides them!)

@Sqare it’s always a pleasure to listen to this jam of yours…

True that OT might be the best weapon when it comes to glitch ^^

6 Likes

My pleasure. The current model is the Cocoquantus, a descendant of the Cocolase.

Peter Blasser is a genius. He designed the Cocos to have animal brains. That’s why they just do what they want, rather than give you full control over everything… I mean, technically, you do have some control, it’s just that the oscillators are so intertwined and the UI is so weird it’s impossible to tell how each is influencing the others exactly.

An improvisation I recorded a few years ago, with viola in one input, and Tocante Karper (solar-powered touchplate Karplus-Strong synth) in the other input.

3 Likes

Right, I was thinking FX devices, but yeah also Digitone and Digitakt are good for glitching. The Volca Drum comes to mind as well with choking tracks, and I guess the Model:Cycles, but haven´t played with one yet.

1 Like

Wow excellent!

1 Like

Ok so all mixed in the box!

Livecut VST. Oldie but goodie

1 Like

Octatrack. Digitone too.
It used to be StutterEdit in my DAW days.

1 Like

This isn’t normally my area, but…

Tracker + Particle?

1 Like

Digitone can do glitch?

1 Like