Your digitakt setup

whoa, what kind of groove do you make with this?

starting with this setup i mostly just sampled the Pocket Operator, the 0 Coast and some other stuff. but then i just doodled around. see, i’m more of a dork than a musician. :grin:

1 Like

It’s a £30 windows tablet! (Lynx 7) and I’m running the browser app Tonematrix. It’s a flash based thing and I’ll post a link when I get home. I mostly use the tablet for Sunvox.

That Tonematrix web app: http://tonematrix.audiotool.com/

I find myself using it a lot. Really simple, but kinda nice.

Def want to hear this.

1 Like

How are you liking the digitakt and the octa combined ?

2 Likes

11 Likes

This is what I’ll be working with, only got the Heat and the Digi hooked up atm because I’m just learning them

7 Likes

I think its a combo that works well. I was not keen on the DT at first, it seemed very limited compared to the OT, but I’ve had a few days this last week to play and I’ve made awesome drum patterns with it, even simple 1 bar patterns can be easily tweaked into something interesting. I am more or less a new at music and have no knowledge, (although i have self taught ableton and used that for a couple of years) and always struggled to come up with decent drums, so i am mightily impressed with the speed and immediacy that you can get something going on the DT. Tried some baselines too last night and again found this great.

But for any long loops, ambient field recordings, vox loops etc, I still use the OT, so I reckon they work together really well - DT drums and possibly bass, OT everything else. Sampling into DT is super quick and easy, but somehow I still prefer to get stuff into the OT, as I love slice and random trigs the using scenes on longer samples

1 Like

much happier now the DT is in the middle

4 Likes

10 Likes

9 Likes

Octatrack, 9U Eurorack, RYTM and an MS-20. That is all you need. Oh and an A4 for the Eurorack. That’s all you need. No need for a Digitakt at all.

2 Likes

That is quite the setup sir.

Thanks, selling the snow as got virus ti 2 on the way, just gutted I can’t feed midi into DT as it keeps freezing! Hope they fix it soon with an update

Have you tried midi from digitakt to o coast.

my loop statition

14 Likes

My Space Station

• Microbrute - controlled via CV from the A4
  • Volca Sample - sequenced by DT
  • Digitakt - Main clock
  • Analog Four
  • Analog Rytm
  • Mackie VLZ04
  • Analog Heat- on the master channel to add some grittiness and drive + the filter for live playing
8 Likes

How do you sequence the baseball caps?

2 Likes

Looks like they’re sequenced geographically.

:smirk:

4 Likes

Ah, being an Englishman I can only identify New York on the right. So the other one must be somewhere west of New York, which is…everywhere, I guess… Chicago.