Your dark minimal techno recommendations

Not really minimal, but brilliantly produced and dark as f… …one of my alltime favourite techno albums: L.S.G. - The Black Album from 1998.

And there’s also Speedy J - Loudboxer (2002), from a time when he rocked on his Yamaha SU700 loop samplers. The album starts on a minimal level and grows to a huge techno trip.

Edit: But you said you don’t like the heavier side, sorry. :cold_face:

2 Likes

Loudboxer blew my mind when released

1 Like

Actually, I discovered GAS just before I got into Concept 1 :slight_smile:

Yeah, Zauberberg 3 is one of my favs…

2 Likes

Alessandro Cortini doing minimal on a tube drum machine.

4 Likes

You might enjoy some of the recommendations in this thread too (apologies if already linked, not had time to read this thread yet but look forward to, I love this kind of stuff!) Mike Parker, Voices From The Lake and similar techno producers

1 Like

Yep, linked above. Mike Parker is definitely on the Bandcamp Wishlist, and a few others from the thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha that s the first time i encounter that crazy metasonix stuff anywhere in the wild! In a cortini album none the less…

1 Like

1 Like

Glad to here it.
Dense music! (pun intended)

1 Like

Haha, just found out that these two do awesomely well together (let them play side by side)::crazy_face:

3 Likes

nice thread @craig
also a fan of those sounds and idm but no idea about most techno acts. too many of them, hard to find the good stuff :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Would suggest checking out Hypnus records (Sweden based) it’s more grippy hypnotic stuff but minimal in the aestethic.

4 Likes

If you like concept 1 I can recommend Plastikman - Consumed. Bleep.

Recorded about the same time as concept 1.

2 Likes

I see you’re liking CA2+ check out all the stuff on Northern Electronics, Anthony Linell, Varg, Ulwhednar, Abdulla Rashim, the Scandinavian swords compilations, you can’t go wrong with that label,

As others have said, other great labels are Spazio Disponibile, Stroboscopic Artefacts, also STOOR

2 Likes

3 Likes
5 Likes

Hell yeah! Bunker! Timeless stuff.

1 Like
1 Like

Two releases from Robin Stewart. One half of Bristol’s Giantswan and fellow 0-coast user :slight_smile:

2 Likes