Your dark minimal techno recommendations

Scorn Mick Harris?

2 Likes

Yep

1 Like

Oh…Wicked. Downloading.

1 Like

Hey Craig, I would suggest anything by Donato Dozzy, an absolutely amazing producer and dj. Ambient, trippy and dubbed out techno, proper headphone stuff. Also the label Hypnus Records.

4 Likes

You can also check his techno aka, Monrella.
Check spanish top producers like Exium, Tensal, Oscar Mulero…anything in Polegrup. Not exactly minimal, more towards dark techno .

2 Likes

Thanks for that, hadn’t spotted that one.

It’s banging (obviously).

1 Like

Yes, I’m a huge fan of him. Monrella is his techno project. FRET is another one but without four on the floor kick patterns.

2 Likes

Both of them are very productive and releasing lots of new material. I’m glad they do. They have such an impressive history in all kind of genres without loosing their unique voice. The perfect mix of metal and punk with electronic music.

1 Like

nice f*cking tracks here.
My contribution is Andrea Cichecki’s 2013 ep Isometric Illusions, this release is a true gem:

2 Likes

@craig I suppose you also know the Thomas Brinkmann Variations of Concept 1?

2 Likes

I don’t, no. So thanks for the suggestion :pray:

1 Like

I think you’ve got a few years worth of music to listen to now @craig :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks very nice stuff.
Also made history ( guiness world record for „you suffer but why?“ Worlds shortest song)
with napalm death.:+1:
Super dark favourite of mine is scorn the end remix on macro dub infection…

1 Like

Another really nice one from Anibaldi, remixed by Dozzy:

2 Likes

You might enjoy Hawtin’s DE9 mix CDs, especially the second and third editions… the first is awesome but a bit more straightforward techno, the second and third ones he got more into making a collage of loops from other tracks. The third one is probably my favourite, it flows really nicely and has a lot of Mika Vanio style bleepy stuff.

First:

Second:

Third:

Also as others have said, his 90s albums as Plastikman are really worth checking out.

6 Likes

I think consumed 1998 and closer 2003 are his most dark & minimal albums though

2 Likes

Ah yeah, those are the ones I was thinking of, thought they were earlier than that! The earlier 90s stuff is more acid and probably not what he is looking for indeed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Consumed

Closer -mind in rewind , what a track

5 Likes

Ah man, what a wonderful track. Got this album on vinyl.

Used to great effect in this amazing set from Dozzy: Fairtilizer 15214 - DONATO DOZZY - mnml ssgs mx12 pt1 donato dozzy labyrinth 2008 by paul.wuerdig | Paul Wuerdig | Free Listening on SoundCloud

2 Likes

Mind In rewind live at Movement Detroit - visuals are epic