Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2024

Lol what’s the story?

1 Like

Hi guys. So I am working on some stuff and getting back into the flow of regularly working on music. Going great with my deadline of 10 ‘finished’ tracks at the end of the quarter.

I do notice I keep getting stuck in polishing and adjusting minor things like compression a lot. By that time I have heard the sounds/arrangement so many times it is pretty hard to make rigorous changes, even if necessary.

So what would you say is a ‘finished’ track? Something that only needs to get mixed? Maybe 80-90% of the arrangement done with a few minor tweaks left and then move on? I could then later decide to pick the tracks I want to send to labels and make those minor tweaks in a sort of final mixdown stage.
What is your workflow regarding this?

1 Like

The professional approach would probably be to work on something else to refresh your senses

3 Likes

I think arrangements are what makes tracks finished.
Mix and fx are the cherry on top and can have a huge importance of the track. But if there’s no arrangement/story telling, a perfect mix or compressor setting isn’t going to finish the track for you.

4 Likes

Cranked out another ep.
For what it’s worth (pun intended) all my stuff is now free download.

thanks for downloading. it helps the stats even if you don’t listen to it. :+1:

3 Likes

It’s time for another album. I’ve mapped out how it should be structured and flow like and i am hoping it can all be accomplished on the new DT][.

Name written on the board with a due date of 2024 :crazy_face:

I did something similar when i got the SP 404mk2, but never bothered to release it on streaming services because i used way too many samples and i didn’t have any clue on how to obtain a release/clearance for them. Here’s the album if you’re curious:

I’m hoping that my DT][ album will be as fulfilling.

5 Likes