Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2024

:heavy_check_mark: released something (on Bandcamp)
:heavy_check_mark: got an amazing review
:heavy_check_mark: got a stranger to spend money on something I did

If I can, you definitely can!

7 Likes

A big thing getting in the way of me doing any sort of official releases has always been artwork. I’m trying to get around that by learning how to use jWildfire and fractal flames to create something evocative. Here’s one of my attempts.

5 Likes

@digitalgeist

Thanks for the support, much appreciated!

1 Like

Put my first EP out on bandcamp, link in the our music section, and someone actually paid money for it today.

First time I’ve ever sold a music release!

9 Likes

Congrats! That’s a seriously great accomplishment, and it’s a wonderful feeling.

1 Like

Well, this didn’t age well.

Alright, so for 2024, I am committing to -1 release. That’s right, not only do I predict I will not release anything, but someone will steal one of my current releases.

The bar is set very low. Let the games begin!

7 Likes

lol, I’d be kinda proud if someone would consider my music good enough to release under their own name :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, but that one release you released was pretty darn good! Thats a quality over quantity structure. You can’t beat it

4 Likes

Thanks you! :beers:

2 Likes

I’m going with the no quality and no quantity! Working out super great so far!!

5 Likes

music to annoy my neighbors was pretty awesome though so I don’t know if I can take this statement at face value.

2 Likes

Lately I’ve been doing a variety pack of tracks including tech house, synthwave, nu disco, dance pop, lofi, etc. Some of that has been in the last month to get my Ableton chops going, as I recently switched from Reason.

My next stuff, in progress, is in the LA club bass house vein. I have a couple friends who run labels focused on that stuff, so I’m hoping to do an EP worth and get it out there on a label. That’s my 2024 release plan. We’ll see how that goes.

2 Likes

BOOOOOOO!

I demand music from you! I’m about to grab my signs and take it to the streets!

Random question, COMPLETELY unrelated- what city do you live in? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

To quote @Tchu

Digitone City!

3 Likes

Thats obviously not a real place…

I’ll be there!

1 Like

Lol what’s the story?

1 Like

Hi guys. So I am working on some stuff and getting back into the flow of regularly working on music. Going great with my deadline of 10 ‘finished’ tracks at the end of the quarter.

I do notice I keep getting stuck in polishing and adjusting minor things like compression a lot. By that time I have heard the sounds/arrangement so many times it is pretty hard to make rigorous changes, even if necessary.

So what would you say is a ‘finished’ track? Something that only needs to get mixed? Maybe 80-90% of the arrangement done with a few minor tweaks left and then move on? I could then later decide to pick the tracks I want to send to labels and make those minor tweaks in a sort of final mixdown stage.
What is your workflow regarding this?

1 Like

The professional approach would probably be to work on something else to refresh your senses

3 Likes

I think arrangements are what makes tracks finished.
Mix and fx are the cherry on top and can have a huge importance of the track. But if there’s no arrangement/story telling, a perfect mix or compressor setting isn’t going to finish the track for you.

4 Likes

Cranked out another ep.
For what it’s worth (pun intended) all my stuff is now free download.

thanks for downloading. it helps the stats even if you don’t listen to it. :+1:

3 Likes