Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2022

Congraaatts!!!

1 Like

Lol. I cheated in every way imaginable.

2 releases this year. The first was an album I planned to release last year, but moved to Jan 1st for sentimental reasons. The second was a remix ep of the first(made by other artists)- I only made the opener.

Ta-da!

1 Like

@craig New Year, New Thread?

2 Likes

I will work harder to release more in 2023 and not buy more gear. Have lot of good studio tools and once I get it reorganized and sorted out will be great. Virus has massive sounds and a central sequencer brain and DAW will allow me to be more productive.

1 Like

Did I actually say 2022?

2 Likes

You did not. :grinning:

Edit: Looking forward to listening to everyone’s 2023 releases! Hopefully will be able to contribute something myself as well. Aiming for two EPs/albums.

2 Likes

Two releases in 2022.

5 Likes

Put out a cheeky live mix of the EP I released at the beginning of the year. Tweaked and different sounds, new order and song structure, and all played live. I prefer it to the original recordings.

2 Likes

Aye, why not :slight_smile: Remind me if I forget (I’m ill atm) or start it rolling.

1 Like

So I guess 3 releases may have been a bit ambitious for me, but I did release one album that I was happy with.

Bandcamp is below. Spotify link is here. Apple Music link is here.

9 Likes

I finally managed to wrangle myself into putting a track up on Bandcamp. My first release there ever; my only release this year (apart from some sketches on SoundCloud).

Originally I planned to make a handful of EPs focusing on one synth each. I got sidetracked and wrapped up in unproductive knots of my own devising. This release is as much as I could manage “officially”, and constitutes the “MS-20 e.p.”. It’s two versions of the same track, both performed, mixed during pre-production in the Rytm, Octatrack and Boum. I self- mastered using a very basic chain in Ableton. My kid designed the artwork (although I put it together in Affinity).

I also did plenty more sketching this year, and have progressed a little with my sound design and arrangements. I aim to be more productive next year.

8 Likes

Well played, Sir. Well played! - That’s a relief.

1 Like

I released two albums this year.

The first is here: Light Rays by Magicmix - DistroKid

The second was today. This is the title track. Done completely on the Octatrack with some assistance from the Tetra, and a couple of samples.

3 Likes

It’s going to be a fail for me, the mastering process is taking longer than I thought so my next thing will be for 2023 !

1 Like

Made it!
Third release this year… :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

It’s a bit last minute but here’s mine!

4 Likes

Congrats to everyone who completed the mission this year! :yellow_heart: Sign up for the next one:

12 Likes

It’s still 2022 here, so I’m fulfilling my baseline commitment with an instrumental hiphop track:

2 Likes

I forgot to post my commitment for 2022. Here they are :

Happy 2023 everybody. :heart:

11 Likes

I made it, still 2022 and I uploaded a shit EP just to say I could. It’s a short mess of Uke and guitar using my 404SX and its internal mic. Would have done more but life can get in the way! Happy New Year everyone!

7 Likes