Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2022

Sounds gorgeous! @blakewalt :heart:

1 Like

My post was starting to feel a bit lonely up there!

Thank you for listening!
Happy to hear that from you :pray:

1 Like

Yes. My album is ready, but I need the mastering to be done, which will hoppely happen soon :wink:

1 Like

Man, this has been a baller year for me. I’ve dropped 2 EPs and a 256-sound Syntakt preset pack. Currently finishing up EP for release ASAP!

3 Likes

Squeezed out another track before the year end!

5 Likes

Thank you to this post for some motivation to finish things this year. Had 3 tracks released as an ep and last month had a track signed for an upcoming compilation.

Happy with that :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You should be. Very nice!

2 Likes

Yeah surprised anyone had interest in them as was making them for myself. The fact someone wanted to release them was just a big bonus

1 Like

Something mellow for a Sunday afternoon.

I’ve used: Minitaur, OB6, Sonic Couture Blanks with Orchestral Percussion, Spitfire Solstice, Guitar.
Will commit to a new album in the course of 2023, this being a jump-off point of sorts.

7 Likes

3 weeks left. I can do it.

5 Likes

Not my own tracks, but on my label.
Released yesterday, check it out.
PM for a DL-code:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Yeah, so I don’t think I’m achieving it this year, man time flies. Bit of time off between Christmas and new year, but have some other projects to tackle.

1 Like

Will be my last release for this year.

taken from this live performance + a bonus track

Looking for 2023! Might try an album this time.

5 Likes

hey folks,

just as we wrap up the year, excited to announce a new project and new release via Soma Laboratory, who aside from making amazing synthesisers, have now started a label too. The wording at the link above ties everything up better so won’t rehash! Beyond this release, it’s been a really useful exercise in compartmentalising when I want make music that’s way more rhythmic and direct - been very ambient/experimental and it feels like a different artist to me. Excited and encouraged to have an outlet to channel that through for future.

nerdy stuff: quite different vibes across the tracks but they overlap in techniques - I built (ok, cobbled together) a generative drum machine that assumes the role of a lot of the ‘tops’, ‘swooshy’ vocoded perc, all pads come from Grain Scanner and I then jammed out around patterns of the above on Digitone, Octatrack and some euclidean drum patterns to give it all ‘body’.

7 Likes

Just before the end of the year I’ve squeezed in my second ever release (and second of the year).

Conflicted for Life / Useful Intrusion is a double single of breakbeat/techno, free to download on bandcamp:

Well done to everyone putting their music out there this year. Let’s keep it going in 2023.

4 Likes

The clock is ticking :grimacing:

1 Like

I didn’t release as Catenation this year, but my piano cycle came out on CD, alongside with pieces of other famous composers. The CD is called after my cycle: “Fenster” (“Windows”).

18 Likes

Made it just in time.

11 Likes

i failed :crazy_face:

4 Likes