Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2022

Well played, Sir. Well played! - Thatā€™s a relief.

1 Like

I released two albums this year.

The first is here: Light Rays by Magicmix - DistroKid

The second was today. This is the title track. Done completely on the Octatrack with some assistance from the Tetra, and a couple of samples.

3 Likes

Itā€™s going to be a fail for me, the mastering process is taking longer than I thought so my next thing will be for 2023 !

1 Like

Made it!
Third release this yearā€¦ :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Itā€™s a bit last minute but hereā€™s mine!

4 Likes

Congrats to everyone who completed the mission this year! :yellow_heart: Sign up for the next one:

12 Likes

Itā€™s still 2022 here, so Iā€™m fulfilling my baseline commitment with an instrumental hiphop track:

2 Likes

I forgot to post my commitment for 2022. Here they are :

Happy 2023 everybody. :heart:

11 Likes

I made it, still 2022 and I uploaded a shit EP just to say I could. Itā€™s a short mess of Uke and guitar using my 404SX and its internal mic. Would have done more but life can get in the way! Happy New Year everyone!

7 Likes

Ditto.

5 Likes

Iā€™m digging your sound @Kegeratorz ! Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you @Tchu! Appreciate the listen and kind feedback.

I wanted to release at least 1 project.

I ended up releasing 4.

3 Likes

Much to my surprise and delight, I did (kinda) release something in 2022! I produced the beat for this! Myka9 is a legend. My homie Muenster cooked this up on a beat I made years ago. Hell yeah.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to work hard to release more this year now that I have standard on my workflow platform and reorganize studio to make recording process faster and central sequencer. So I can dump stems from my modular and synths then process and remix in Logic X. I hate dealing with recording directly into a DAW as too many things go wrong with hardware synths over MIDI and easier process for me to dump to a mixer recorder in stereo then clean up later. So lay out drums, bass and melody track stems and remix.

Much to my surprise and delight, I did (kinda) release something in 2022! I produced the beat for this! Myka9 is a legend. My homie Muenster cooked this up on a beat I made years ago. Hell yeah.

I didnā€™t quite make it to my ā€œrelease somethingā€ target last year, though I think Iā€™ll give myself a Honorable Mention for this, technically available on Soundcloud, but originally intended as a demo on the way to a more complete rendition of one of five, then four, then three songs on an ever-shrinking and increasingly inaccurately labeled EP.

That EP will most probably finally coalesce into a single song in three parts, and still lives as guitar lines I keep practicing and ideas in a notebook that Iā€™m not yet a good enough musician to realize to my satisfaction. 2023, for me, will be about practice, so that becomes less true over time. Still deciding whether Iā€™m going to take the pledge again this year, but if I do the goal will be something far more amorphous as opposed to These Three Specific Songs, which I think ended up being a demotivator for me in the fall and winter.

Definitely doing as much Jamuary as I can manage this year though.

1 Like

Im in. Have intentionally delayed a single release until early this year. That feels like cheating though so will commit to another single or EP later in the year.

1 Like

alright not TECHNICALLY all released this year

but all songs completed last year, and I released the final 20 this year.

it worked out to FIVE volumes, dedicated to:

• M8 tracker
  • OP-1
  • hodge-podge
  • LSDJ
  • Analog Heat mkii

premier of the full canonical video compilation in ~45min! (remastered audio, and a few bonus tracks!)

3 Likes

my latest one is out on a new label called Quiet Details, who have some amazing stuff slated for release this year.

Thereā€™s a quite a bit of Syntakt on this, so if ā€˜ambientā€™ Syntakt is your thing, you might like this

cheers 'Nauts
Mark

Field Lines Cartographer - Tone Maps

1 Like