Yesterday’s email survey

Ooooh, got the feeling I’ll have pretty favorable odds on that 2-sound-packs and Model:Cycles drawing…

Yeah there were questions about usage for drums, sound-shaping, midi sequencing, sampling in, etc, and number of tracks used for samples v midi…

Maybe they are thinking about introducing sample and midi machines? So it would be possible to load sample or midi machines onto any track.

1 Like

I would love it if one could assign # of voices from an allocated pool of 32 (rather than 4x8) across tracks - so you could do four one voice on A-D for monos and then 6 on E for a 6 voice poly, etc…

It’s not ex DT users. It’s people who filled in the last survey, told them they own a DT in one of the questions and gave them permission to contact them.
That’s from a few weeks ago,

1 Like

If they would add an option to use kits in the traditional elektron way, I would dig mine out of storage again. I just don’t understand this omission for the people who want it.

Seems like quite a huge leap to get the impression they might be changing the track counts. I would assume they’re just trying to decide whether to spend more development effort improving sample playback or improving external sequencing.

They plan on making more improvements. They can’t implement every possible idea, so they want to prioritise. That’s all.

3 Likes

I want it all!!

4 Likes

I think it’s being sent to both groups (owners and previous owners). Here’s the one I got:

4 Likes

Precisely. I own a DT and the language in my correspondence says ”You currently own a Digitakt and indicated we could contact you…”.

I am still hoping for stereo tracks! At least a way to link tracks for stereo!

5 Likes

Hmm, I filled out the previous survey, and marked that I have Digitakt (and agreed that they can contact me), but I did not get an email now to fill out the DT related survey. But overall I’m very happy that Elektron is focusing on DT, it means interesting things may be coming!

1 Like

i don’t really know if that’s really about future firmware updates or more about finding the best overall featureset for a mk2.

agreed. i strictly use my digitakt for sequencing other gear

Only thing holding me back from buying a digitone and a digitakt is they are definitely both on the chopping block for a mk2 release with oled screen to match the syntakt and octatrack mk 2.

I would imagine they’ll throw in the analog distortion master of the syntakt to both as well and price it the same as syntakt

I read that a lot, and I don’t get why, because there are so many better MIDI Sequencers out there that sometimes cost less than a DT. Starts with the amount of voices, then its way of treating every voice like one dataset just with different frequencies (aka same velocity, length, offset, propability etc.)
Well sure, the best sequencer is the one you already own, I guess.

1 Like

Digitakt & Digitone already have the same screen as syntakt ?

I don’t see the color of the oled as much of a selling point holding me back from doing anything. I guess if it’s important to you and you intend to spend a lot of money and you expect everything to match AND you can wait for it to happen then it’s not really a problem for anyone who likes the yellow style oled to let other people wait for that day to come. perhaps the lack of an oled might hold me back if I were really set on having one, but I see it like you do - they have the same screen, there’s no difference beyond color and if you are super confident in your soldering ability like some other forum members already have been, you can order a syntakt oled and install it in a dt or a dn right this very moment.

I see what you’re saying but the feature set of the elektron sequencers is really pretty extraordinary - there are other dedicated hardware sequencers that have powerful features and have come to challenge elektron but from my perspective, I mostly bought my keystep pro for the sequencer and now I’m sort of left trying to dream up new ways to get some use out of it so that it’s not just an overpriced midi keyboard. The real standout for ksp is the drum sequencer is very powerful and with 1 track you can sequence a whole kit of all your drum parts leaving the other 3 open for whatever else, I sometimes wish the elektron sequencer had a dedicated drum function on one track that let you put together a kit like a (cry cry) drum rack track.

I mean I’m crying about it but I can realistically do a lot with p locks so I don’t expect this kind of feature from elektron - I think p locks are a super advantageous tool for working around the limitations of 1 sound per track.

2 Likes

I want Elektron to do a Survey of what has made them the most money, and then make a mk2 version of that with more sample ram, and more project memory and more storage, and bump the slicing up one mo gen.

1 Like

For me, the small hard drive size made the Digitakt frustrating to work with. Without some program for sending in and getting upgraded to maybe 4 or 16gb (like the plus drive - but hard to imagine given DT sales numbers), or, a Digitakt mkii, there’s no real upgrade path there. I’d love stereo also, they are the only two real things that kept me out. So then there’s the Octatrack, which has stereo and a massive storage space, but no ability to stream out your tracks. It’s a rock and a hard place in some ways with both those devices.

2 Likes

a company dealing in warm water and cold ice can do better than a company selling cold water and cold ice to the same thirsty mofos.

dt is startin to get pretty chilly though lately so I’m curious what’s next for the ice department, we might all be in for a surprise :sunglasses: