Yesterday’s email survey

I’m still in my first year as an Elektron user… the honeymoon phase hasn’t worn off yet!

1 Like

I should have added some kind of rolling eyes as an indicator of sarcasm but I didn’t want you to think I was rolling my eyes at your comment :roll_eyes:

I’m agree with everything exept usb c power.
The usb c is fragile, its lifespan is short and disconnects easily. Even for data transfer I prefer usb A, it will be more durable and the connection will be stronger.

3 Likes

I took the survey and it made me think about the questions about midi and sample tracks i use. Although i don’t sequence 8 external hardware midi instruments i use 1 track just to send a program change to AH depending on project. 2 or 3 midi tracks with the same channel to be able to sequence a melody on a polysynth and 2 others with CC p-lock tracks or lfo (mutable!)
On the other hand Sequencing Omnisphere vst as standalone with DT as soundcard on a spare laptop is a really nice combo and Omnisphere happens to have exactly 8 tracks.
I would die for a option to be able to switch to 4 stereo or 8 mono tracks though.

1 Like

Imagine having a selection of tailor-made firmwares available to load into Digitakt, depending on which features you need at the time, allowing you to really customize the machine :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah I’d be happy with both like on the SP-404. :blush:

1 Like

i want a follow up email 🥲

1 Like

No worries! I didn’t miss the sarcasm

1 Like

I definitely don’t use eight MIDI tracks, could make do with up to four, would be nice to spread them around as we see fit. The way the DT handles MIDI is really versatile, but in terms of improvements, how about MIDI machines? At the very least we could have recallable templates with the CCs saved. Could have MIDI FX like best repeats and delays. Could have a MIDI chord machine.

3 Likes

I was thinking of something similar like in the Poly Effects Beebo Pedal where you could choose which of the firmware versions to run when powering on (before they were merged into one). Best of both worlds if this is even possible.

2 Likes

Curious to know how many DT they sold. I think the DT is the most sold product from Elektron, and it became the new flagship product.

2 Likes

I found this on thomann, one of the biggest store in europe.

The current top seller is Elektron Syntakt.
An all time favourite among Elektron products is the following item : Elektron Digitakt. We have sold this over 5.000 times.

1 Like

whatever is asked in a survey would lead to this sort of thread.

do you like red equipment - instant thread about special edition colour
do you like mono / stereo samples - instant questions about firmware update / mk2
do you like lfo’s - instead rumours about another lfo firmware update.
do you like XXXxxx… - etc etc,… you get the picture,.

1 Like

I think it’s quite interesting, that they didn’t even ask, if people would like the DT to have Stereo. Either they already know that, or they still think that no one is in need of it

2 Likes

It’s literally the only deal breaker for me. But it seems that they think that the Digitakt is part of a larger setup, not a standalone groovebox. So, in their world, it’s a drum machine first and foremost.

It’s no dealbreaker for me because i’m fine to use it “just” as a very capable drumbox but it annoying to have a pattern rolling with nice stereo spread and all of that effort in panning and fx modulation becomes useless when resampling so resampling a pattern is sort of useless when it ends up summed mono.

2 Likes

yeah i gotta admit it’s disappointing if they only asked ex-DT owners about this

Not ex-Digitakt owners. I got one, and my DT is sitting right here. It was sent to people who said, in the previous survey just a short while ago, that they owned a DT. And maybe not sent to all of them.

2 Likes

I’m sure they’re only sending to a subset, at least initially. It’s not uncommon to trickle a bit and use the initial results to calibrate the survey further.

Yeah, resampling and also synth sounds with stereo effects like chorus - summing that into mono kind of removes the soul from it.

For the record, I feel similarly about recording via Overbridge. Technically, it should be straightforward to transmit the panning settings per track and use that to recreate stereo wave files on the computer side.

1 Like