Yearly Summer Inspiration Death?

Does anybody else lose their inspiration in the Summer? Like, the only thing keeping me connected to the live of music is GAS(I’m looking at you DT)

I lost mine about seven years ago; still looking for it.

7 Likes

I could only answer that if we had a summer.

5 Likes

Where are you?! Are there any cheap apartments there?!

Wiltshire in the UK. Everything is cheap. There is no sun though.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that, @Rusty

I’ll tell you what, about 7 years ago I had lost a muse. But when I HAD one, damn-the work I would put into my tracks. I’d spend all day in the recording process trying to record all my acoustic instruments into my Boss BR-1200CD, I even was able to record vocals free of the self-consciousness of having roommates. Some tracks I’d put in 26 hours of effort into over a weekend.

I love and prefer electronic music, but with the sequencer based recording method- it feels almost like an iron lung for the artist I used to be. If Elektron could come out with an Analog Muse, I’d buy that in a heartbeat regardless of the price.

I feel ya- hopefully the autumn will bring back inspiration for both of us :slight_smile:

Perfect! I hate the sun! See you soon, future neighbor!

3 Likes

Haha, come on over any time you just fancy some good old grey sky and rain to sharpen your muse.

2 Likes

Late night summer time is pretty inspirational to me. But besides I’d rather be enjoying the weather than couped up making music in the summer. I have to agree with the small caveat about late night stuff, but that’s inspirational all year round for me.

Making music is the best thing I can possibly do(contrary to popular opinion), but only if I’m feeling compelled to do so. In the summer, more often than not, that drive is vacant- sometimes it comes back at the first cool in the autumn- and playing with tones and sounds feels like seizing life

1 Like

Only way i found to get the creativity spinning is to put in short studio sessions at least a couple of times a week. Maybe just looking at the gear sometimes or working on some sounds.

1 Like

Currently winter over here, but it still managed to hit 32C (or 90F) last week. Don’t even turn my gear on in summer - dripping that much sweat everywhere seems a tad risky.

Where are you at?

Most likely Australia, isn’t it ?

Yup, Brisbane Australia. But it gets worse the further you head north.

i lose it when im content i think, need a few issues to get the creative juices flowing. thankfully im generally in a fairly tortured state :smile:
I remember reading a quote from some creative person, how true it is im not sure but it resonated with me, went something like “to be in love and creative simultaneously is impossible” or something.

as i say, that may not be entirely true but i dug it :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me it’s the opposite : I can’t really play when I’m too much under stress, or have mind cluttered with pbs…
Same when I’m too tired or too much under influence…

But when I’m in the right conditions, everything comes fluently like I’m speaking :smiley:

4 Likes

I am just reworking old crap, making it even more crappier…
works like a charm…
but on the other hand it is great to improvise on old structures and adding some stuff like DT noises and letting it just flow somewhere…
noodling is best :slight_smile:

Yep definitely surfing first, music second in summer here in Oz :sunny::ocean::surfer:

Yeah, I’m not sure I agree with that- I was music making machine when I was in love. Now I’ve gotten older and don’t really believe in love. :smiley:

1 Like