Yearly Summer Inspiration Death?

haha :slight_smile:

The ocean is scary

1 Like

I wish I could saythe same of London. Soon as I find a job out of town Iā€™m moving outā€¦

1 Like

What line of work are you in? Manchester is great these daysā€¦ well worth a look!

I donā€™t have the compulsion to record in that method anymore

Summer all year here as well.
AC set at 74F/23C FTW!
Inspiration not a big issue as I generally suck at this anyway :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s why I never clicked with the A4 and the OT in the end. Itā€™s waaay too methodical for my taste.
I purchased Iris2 as I got a coupon few days ago and in quick comparison OT seems cheap in terms of possibilities. If I would work OTB then Iā€™m sure I would feel different but as of now I packed the OT and listed it for sale as well.

Love the Rytm though but with beats it is a bit different.

Iron Lung as though itā€™s keeping my tired creativity alive :smiley:

1 Like

I get very inspired during the summer since Iā€™m often out doing fun things, but I donā€™t really get to channel that inspiration much until autumn, since I donā€™t want to waste what few nice days there are here in New England inside the studio. I still do it, but then I find myself getting severely depressed for spending a gorgeous day inside.

I can find inspiration easily in many thingsā€¦ itā€™s balancing my life/work habits I struggle with. Iā€™m a workaholic when it comes to musicā€¦ I always feel pressure to be working on the many projects I have going on and I really have to make an effort to just chill out and enjoy the other things in life.

I love rainy days. :slight_smile:

ā€œDoohickyā€ is probably my favorite Green Man album

Iā€™ve been into music making for many years now, and every summer I loose my creativity. At first I thought maybe im just getting bored of it, but no, the autumn comes back and new tracks always follow. Now that Iā€™ve got used to it I usually replace the creative tasks with other music related tasks such as improving my setup, checking new plugins or other tools, maybe finishing mixing some old track. Basically when the creativity is off (Usually two times every year) I take that time to improve something in that area without using my creativity. Also every time the creativity comes back - i feel stronger then I felt before it ran out.

the only inspiration killer in the summer is the heat put out by my synths and equipment can make the room too hot. sweat is a big workflow killer for me. I usually stick to synthing at night in the summer.

Do me a favour!?!

4 days at Centre Parcs Longleat is about as cheap as a OT Mkii. Almost the same price in fact!

Wish iā€™d gone for the latter!

:wink:

1 Like

Hahahaha - I canā€™t help you if you decide to go to Centre Parcs!

2 Likes

Not my decision my man!
I donā€™t know what came over herā€¦ fed mis-Iā€™m formation by one of the parents at the school gates, I think.
Well, you live and learn, ay?

1 Like

We live by the coast in Florida so we have more sunshine than we could possibly want. Give us a shout if you or @Ryan ever cross the pond on holiday.

2 Likes

Not today :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

If I donā€™t have inspiration in the summer Iā€™m sort of out of luck (as a school teacher). The trick this summer was time between a 3 week trip out west, buying and moving into a house, and then settling in, I really only 2-3 weeks of GOOD work time. Normally I try to bust ass, playing 5-7 shows out of town and then get back to the school groove and chip away where I can until the next summer. Of course the holiday breaks and whatnot are times to pounce as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Summer is a bliss cause you can play outside with friends.
And warm nights get better with a couple of amps massaging your guts with big booms :smile:

Get out of the city with a couple of friends, find a place where no one lives and make it your ownā€¦ As long as there is some electricity the juice should keep coming :smiley:

1 Like

Exactly - only 3 certainties in life - death, taxes and that Centre Parcs is a rip-off

3 Likes