Xone DB4

deterring old thread sorry. when you say you used DB4 with DVS, was it on traktor? on a mac? Im interested in that mixer and saw that you can hack it to think its on another soundcard… wondering if it still works…

maybe this is an alternative (6 channels), interesting to follow up,
I don’t know the price
:pl:
http://playdifferently.org/

This one is Nice but expensive

:scream_cat: :ooh: yes indeed I clicked on the pre-order button, it says:
PRICE:
£2550 worldwide shipping included (plus applicable sales taxes/duties)
**Prices not including taxes

I saw you sold the DB4?
Would love to know more about your former rig, I got a similar thing brewing and I’ve been eyeballing the DB4.

I cant tell what I want.
I know I want a 4 channel 12" mixer.
Evo 4
DB4
DB2
Xone 43
Xone 92
Something else?

It’s driving me bananas.

I sold mine, iTS too expensive and not good enough.

For my turntables i still use a Xone 43. No soundcard, no fx, good sound and good layout. Only feature is an fx knob, i dont like the way they implemented it. But iTS good and not too expensive.

1 Like

Any reason on choosing the 43 instead of the older Xone mixers?

Second hand Xone mixer is not a good idea, they easily break. Older versions are expensive. This 43 is cheap, perfect layout and sound

1 Like

Hi fellow Elektronauts!

I released another video. This time I show you why I think the db4 is such an incredible mixer for use in live setups and in the studio as well. It gives you an immense amount of control and diversity and can be customized to your liking.

I hope you enjoy this video or find it useful, and if you do please leave a like on YouTube. It helps me a lot! And if you want to see more videos, you can subscribe right here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=davemech

6 Likes

Fantastic video
Unbelievable you can use your loopers like that
I tries in the past without success
I think I will visit a shop to experiment with it
Only an A4 mk2 and this mixer might be what I am looking for

1 Like

Thanks wouzer!

It might be less accurate when using more complex beats, like offbeat. It will drift sometimes, but I just use the nudge function on the digitakt to keep it synced. And tapping tempo also helps in those cases to let the bpm detection “learn” what rhythm to focus on.
Hope it works out for ya!

I’m interested in how flexible the loopers are- assume they can be set to different beat multiples but can they be changed after that, stretched etc.? Can they have different tempos or pitches?

Hey :slight_smile: It’s a beautiful day, and I just released another video where I use the Db4 as a dedicated FX unit. This might be interesting for people who are interested in using this mixer because it shows how it can be used for multiple purposes. Which is nice :slight_smile:

Leave a like on YouTube if you enjoyed the video, much appreciated! And subscribe to my channel for more by clicking here: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCNnbaIN0UUPu77_11LJ6A9Q?sub_confirmation=1

6 Likes

Hi there…almost bought a db4, fell in love with it, then realised there is no send/return… :sob: for now I still use my xone42 with external fx boxes/pedals and the effects of the elektron boxes. Love your video! Still waiting for that perfect mixer :tongue:

1 Like

Hi Alienna, Thanks for watching!

Send/return would’ve been nice, but I understand why they didn’t implement it. Would mean even more knobs :smile:

Maybe the model 1 from Playdifferently is what you’re looking for? It’s mighty expensive, but is very very awesome.

Cheers!
Dave

1 Like

the model I is indeed really nice but too expensive + it has no dedicated fx section per channel or looper like the db4,
:sob:

1 Like

Guess you should buy both :laughing:

1 Like

Wow…
The most inspiring DB4 video
I am going to try this this weekend
Thank you!

1 Like

:grin: dangerous minds :japanese_ogre: :joy:

1 Like

Thank you for watching! I have another video of the db4, it’s on my yt channel. Might contain some interesting info for you as well :slight_smile: