Would this power supply work for mk1 MD & MnM?

would this universal power supply work with mk1 MD & MnM?

No, I’m sorry. You’ll need an ac/AC psu. Hard to find, especially in the EU due to regulations. I squeeze my fingers now and then for my psu’s not to die…

2 Likes

bastid (the psu, not you) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks for the reply. yea its nay-on impossible to find something that’ll work if u need a replacement.

would ya say the originals could be repaired easily if you happen to have a local electronics dude / shop nearby?

I recently bought a replacement for my MnM. I’ll get the link for you. Here, this one works perfect for me

Fixed the link. Hope this works. My original MK1 psu was rattling around inside, so it would shake when I turned it on, an make a hum sound (Alternating current is real). This one changed all that.

3 Likes

nice one.
that link says “product cannot be found” tho.
got another link? :wink:

this was pricey but a solid buy. (think it was the best part of £35 in 2017 and maybe more now…

2 Likes

defo worth it tho since they’re so hard to come by

https://www.allpsu.co.uk

the budget look and tone of this website actually fills me with hope and optimism.

please let us know if they respond positively. could be useful in future.

they say contact them with specific requirements. worth checking if they do bespoke jobs.

I had DIY PSU for my old MK1. It was basically a PCB mounted transformer in a plastic box plus the cords and plugs.

For anyone looking: after a week scouring the internet and getting nowhere, Elektron support were able to point me to this Swedish site selling the exact PSU i was trying to find (Mascot model 8810, 6VAC, 3.2A). It’s the only one still being made that’s suitable for mk 1 silver boxes, as far as i can tell. Thank god for Norwegians!

And you need to buy this plug tip with it: