Would it be beneficial to replace my Machinedrum with a Nord Drum 2/3p if I've got the Pyramid?

The Pyramid looks super interesting although am not a fan of the plasticky looking buttons (am a sucker for aesthetics I know), but alas is one of the things i dont like about the DT… reminds me of a flimsy novation controller…

Anyway I’m supposed to getting my hands on a cirklon in “Q4 2017” according to sequentix… i cant wait, ive am dying to test the Aux tracks…

@Cosmic dude… get a perfourmer and try it… guarantee once you open up the filters/resonance and arpeggiate a little sequence you will melt.

*** edit: just seen your edit. In that case totaly with you… but yes different beast to the Roland. I was sold on the play modes and sound, as its features are not that extensive ***

2 Likes

Def share your experience with the cirklon when you get it

@Nikarga, Im not sure, the basic subtractive architecture seems ‘vanilla’. I already have a lot of subtractive synths.

FM madness

1 Like

It’s alright I am waiting for STAM Audio to finish building my SA4000 SSL G Compressor clone in June 2017. I put a deposit down in January 2017. Yes that Cirklon reminds me of a futuristic IBM clone 286 PC I had growing up. Please give us your review when you get the chance.

I also have an interest in avalon bassline, MPC live, and to a lesser extent, Digitakt. I think I need to rob a bank to ensure i can get all this stuff. But the bottom line is i will not spend money unless I am 100 % sold on a synth. I am only 80 % sold on perfourmer. It would be a lot of fun and would sound huge but i can see myself losing interest in it after a few weeks of playing.

Funny I was just looking at an Avalon today… why wouldnt one get at TB03 instead? I like acid but not enough to know much about their differences. The build quality looks good.

@v00d00ppl will do… its funny I absolutely love the build quality/looks of the Cirklon… think it may be bec it reminds me of my childhood 286 also lool :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

yes this is part of the decision process, I think the avalon just offers a higher quality unit that fits in nicely with elektron boxes. But you are right, a tb-03 or even mam mb33 could be a stop gap solution.

2 Likes

Just wanted to add that the TB-03 absolutely nails the sound as well as the look and feel aspect of the hardware. The effects are also good and work well with it. Roland really nailed this one.

I spent a good deal of time watching videos of the tb-03 and the tb3(I prefer the sound of the tb 3, but hate that you can’t patch the sounds)

Either way, I found the A4 to hit my ideal for bass lines

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: For Sale: Yamaha KU100 kick pedal

I too am going in this direction with the Pyramid and lust after the 3P even though I am poor. With the recent after-market firmware update, sampling on the Machinedrum is much easier. Also there are things like Control All and 16 LFO’s, that make it unique.

Still, the biggest reason I will keep it is that I’ve had it for years so I know its ins and outs. Also, I look at the MD as a genre, namely experimental techno house, and I work in that genre even though it’s not my primary creative drive because it could make money. Having the Squarp opens up totally new genres with it, but the ND3P would replace it nicely. Still there is a category of wild and weird sounds you can do with the MD that I don’t think you could do on the ND3P. That’s without question.

And all those LFO’s, man … :wink:

1 Like

I don’t know if its improved on the MKIII but I found the buttons to be quality. They have a snap to them that gives a sense of intention, and the pads - while without velocity sensitivity - are very playable. They are rubber not plastic so it doesn’t feel cheap like the Polyend Tracker’s, and the chassis is metal, which I know is an improvement over MKI at least.