Workaround for late MIDI pattern change issue?

Yup, never more than 16 steps on my M:S, never less on my OT (usually around 64 or 128)

To be clear, I’m not pissed at you, thanks for taking the time!

I’m pissed because of the lost time and enthousiasm I sunk in this, basing my setup on something working as it should for that price.

Edit: Sorry OP and everyone for the hijacking, I realise now I am exactly what you hoped to avoid creating this thread, it appeared on my timeline right when I encountered this problem and needed to vent, I’ll shut up now.

1 Like

No worries just trying to help, I’ve got a bunch of Elektron machines that I use with Rytm as the master the rest follow no problem…
I think the late change problems they are talking about in this thread are working with other gear or daws because it doesn’t use the Elektron type way pattern change

It sends the program change just before the end of the pattern, if the sync is out a bit it can miss it, are you sending clock from the OT also?

Also not sure as don’t have a models Elektron but, Chng doesn’t work when using multiple devices chained, it has to be Len shorter than the master or it will change late…

Maybe someone with a model samples can chime in as well

Just picking this back up for a minute. I have the issue with my OT/DN/DT setup because of different track multipliers. I have my master length set to INF, but my PLEN set to 16. Even if I trigger a PC from the OT, the DN and DT end up being late by a cycle due to said multipliers. It’s really annoying.

Yeah they won’t change at the same time if set to inf,
They all have to have the same master length unfortunately, it’s something I wish would be changed/fixed/updated if possible but I don’t think it is

1 Like

You could use a midi processor to send pchg, stop sequencer then restart.It works. I’ve made a little video about that. If you are interested, I could post the link.

1 Like

You know, I haven’t tested setting my master length really high but still have the change length set to 16. I wonder if that would work.

@KaOsphere I actually have a Mozaic script for my iPad that lets me send PC to all my boxes. It’s pretty groovy.

So the answer is “no”. I have the master set to 512, but the CHAIN BEHAVIOR on the OT set to 16 and the CH.LEN on both Digis to 16. If I use the OT to change the patterns, it works fine on the OT, but the Digis are a page late. If I set the DN to be the PC sender, the OT switches fine, but the DT is still a bar behind. BOLLOCKS.

I love me some Elektron. I sing their praises from the mountains, but little things like this really ruin how far you can take these boxes reliably, especially as one person with only 2 (very small) hands.

2 Likes

Maybe something like this could help?

2 Likes

Look, it’s not my fault my hands are that of a small child! I’m a grown @$$ adult, gaddanngit!

2 Likes

I share your pain, why I thought of it :smiley:

1 Like

so, am i missing anything? no solution for this “page lag” (bar late) between dt and dn? i have the same issue trying to send pc from dt to dn. it works great with 4/4 sizes, but when i do polymetrics it fails.

I just bought an OT mkII and im trying to sync my DT and DN and having the same problem… Still no solution? :frowning:

Same issue with the Syntakt

Same sequencer, same issues…Use a midi processor…

Made a separate post detailing the workaround:

SOLVED! At least in my case!
I was having the same issue - My Octatrack is the Master to a second Octatrack and a Digitone.
The Second Octatrack would receive the program change perfectly but the DN had to go through an extra loop before the change. after struggling and trying everything I finally understood the issue in my case.
Under Pattern Scale// per pattern: I thought CH. Length was a master length but then there is M.Length for that, so I was like what is Ch length, and precisely its change length how long the active pattern plays before a cued or chained pattern begins to play… SET THIS TO OFF…
I hope this might be a fix for most of the people having this pattern delay issue…

2 Likes