Late pattern change while OT is the master to DT, DE and Rytm. SOLVED!

Hi!

I’m sure a lot of people have struggled and tried all kinds of workarounds for the late pattern change issue. While browsing forums and watching youtube videos I tried all kinds of solutions involving midi interfaces, ableton, maxMSP and none of them produced a satisfactory result that wouldn’t introduce delay or just simply not work. However I noticed that when I sent a program change message from the Octatrack to the Rytm which has it’s MASTER SCALE set to 2x it worked! But there is no such setting on either the Digitakt and Digitone. So I figured that if I could somehow send the master clock twice to the Digitakt and Digitone it should achieve the same result. I tried the MIDIHUB by Blokas for this solution (I think you could replicate it using max and ableton as well).By making the Octatrack send it’s clock to the Digitone and Digitakt twice it works flawlessly. Yes it will make your sequence run twice as fast (which is easily solved by halving the track speed in pattern settings), and your tempo won’t display the correct numbers on other devices, but the pattern will change at exactly the same time as it does on the Octatrack.

I wonder if it would be possible to implement a master scale function into Digitakt and Digitone (same as the Rytm) so that people wouldn’t need to use midi interfaces or a computer to achieve this result.

Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

Hi there,
I have the same pattern sync issues.
I have 2 Octatracks and a Digitone, one OT is my master, the other one and the DN are synced via a blokas midihub. so I have the master OT set to send prog cha messages on ch 12 - the second OT to receive them on 12. and I have the DN to receive them on 12. and the second OT changes instantly, but the DN waits one extra pattern to change. I saw here that you fixed it with your midihub. Since I have one too can you share the pipes or explain it for a midihub newbie to understand how to set it up?
Currently I have a pipe set for program change from Main OT to my DN basically just has a filter filtering out everything but program change.
I do have a clock pipe set up where the OT sends clock to a virtual clock
then that virtual clock feeds each other device.
works well for tempo…
Any tips?