Will you be able to use Digitakt as Audio Interface?

As @yobink said: an used Octatrack may be quite an option. The Octatrack can also sample in stereo, so you could use it to record the output of your Virus on it.

In that price range a maxed out MPC1000 or if you’re lucky a 2500. More midi channels, proper polyphony, 4 assignable outs on the 1k or 8 outs on the 2500. FX aren’t very good but with those outs and using a PC anyway it doesn’t really matter. Great alternative choice in that budget. You’ll need an interface though to get midi/audio into the computer. the only other option I can think of is maschine but you said not computer reliant. You can bump up the budget to MPC live territory if you want standalone with computer integration. DT is the only thing in that price range that has computer integration, it’s just not out yet

How can it be that Elektron haven’t even disclosed how DT will operate via Overbridge?
Will it be pass stereo signal or not?
They obviously know the answer, and you could only presume by their lack of response that it is not good news
Ridiculous that Overbridge isn’t released, but even more so that Elektron haven’t even responded and confirmed its proposed functionality
Maybe @Ess or someone that obviously knows can finally answer this question

2 Likes

All I wanted to know really is if it can it record stereo as an audio interface. It’s not important really.

As for the suggestions they’re all good and I have actually considered some of them. I’ve just sold my MPC touch (not a mpc live I know but same software and workflow etc) because I didn’t like it. The octotrack mk1 I’m going to consider because that is a good alternative it’s actually what I wanted this time last year.

I had a volca sample and I loved just sitting playing with that I used to take it out with me and on holidays etc but it’s too limited.

So just to clarify what I want is -

A sampler I can record into and play back, edit etc
MIDI sequencer
Something I can get out and play with standalone

Thats about it really

I agree they must know. It’s either equipped with the necessary hardware to pass a stereo signal or it isn’t.

Yep, you got it. Its not an audio interface and even if it will have some of that functionality in the future, you probably will be better off with some dedicated box. From Elektron range I’m using Heat but also Analog mk 1 boxes can do that.

So ive not been able to find this elsewhere.
If you use digitakt as an audio interface, can it sample into ableton in stereo? :slight_smile:
I guess it plays out in stereo, right?

Edit: found it. Appears yes you can.

1 Like

hey could you share more info on that please?

2 Likes

can you explain how

1 Like