Will you be able to use Digitakt as Audio Interface?

I hear ya! The Digitakt works SO SPECTACULARLY with an ITB workflow! It easily extends the capabilities of Ableton(mainly the drum racks I’m discovering) and it fits so nicely on my desk!

And yeah- I’m having some CPU/Disk issues with a few libraries in Kontakt- those orchestral libraries are HUGE. A near perfect system isn’t good enough- I’m taking a gander at potential prices for computer upgrades, too :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, I saw you talking about sequencing drum racks from the DT in another post, and a lightbulb went off. Sadly enough I’m waiting for my power supply to arrive in the post from my parents house to power both the DT and that lightbulb.

But I really love working ITB I’ve come to realise. And I agree that the DT is really good for it, can’t wait for OB, just hope it works :slight_smile:

I’ve got a desktop computer that is pretty well specced, but I love using my 2011 macbook to just move around my place with that and the DT. And the cpu deficiencies actually helped me learn to work faster, cause I had to render stuff and make decisions. But now I’ve learned that and want some more juice so I can actually use Diva, Iris 2 and Reaktor 6 on my laptop. It kneels just sniffing those lovely programs :smiley:

1 Like

Interesting point! I’m way behind on crash coursing Ableton’s sampling abilities.

I should really toy with that before I move on with acquiring another Octatrack

Will you have to use DT as an audio interface in order to stream the external inputs as a daw track ? Or not necessarry ?

I’m really confused about how they’re going to promote this “Audio Interface” capability of the DT once it is finally available. If it ends up being the case that the DT will indeed be capable of recording stereo audio sources with the help of OB, it would really be awkward that the unit itself can only record mono samples, and this would make the limitation seem like an unnecessarily imposed one. If the DT will only be able to act as an audio interface capable of recording in mono, despite have two audio inputs, that would be an embarrassing thing to tout in a glowing manner imo.

I don’t think so… The way I see it there’s two options:

1. Use the DT as an audio interface and get a 2 in/2 out sound card (CoreAudio/ASIO/WDM). In “audio interface”-mode I wonder if overbridge even works?

2. Use the DT in overbridge-mode and stream the eight internal tracks, external inputs, and main bus to separate DAW tracks (24 bit/48 kHz).

Thats good…

I find it absurd that the audio interface / OB functionality has still not been confirmed by Elektron.
The product has been available for ages and people are still asking how it will work?
Don’t have one, but if I did would have wanted a definitive answer long ago. Are Elektron avoiding the question, or has it not been asked by any owners directly?
Bizzare :loopy:

I feel like there might have been some unexpected trouble in DT land, making everything take longer…

what’s you’re tips for digitakt —> ableton drum rack? tried to find the post to no avail :confused:

It’s pretty simple-

1.set the channels of the midi tracks you want to use to the same channel(They’ll start out with X on them, you enable them by pushing FUNC + channel knob- the knob can’t move in the slightest due to their sensitivity so be gentle)
2. on your drum rack narrow the midi down to that channel from the digitakt-
3.find the notes you want to use for each channel- and your done.

You can also midi map the CC values to any macros you’ve set up for the voices and you’re done.

A nice hardware controller for all your percussive needs! With the same sequencing functionality as the digitakt(except for retrig, sadly)

I presume that’s what you were asking? If you want to know any more, let me know

great thanks, will try that!

one question, you can save this set up on the digi with all the MIDI cc’s etc right? (sorry not done much midi stuff yet)

I think you can- but I don’t know

Basically I am on the verge of buying a Digitakt and I’ve wanted one for months but I have one question …

I’m aware the Digitakt records Mono which is fine but when you use it as an audio interface can you record stereo into your DAW?

In other words if I’m controlling my Virus Ti with the Digitakt can I then record the Virus’ stereo output into my DAW using the DT as an audio interface?

I know I need an audio interface but I want to get the DT first.

Thanks for any reply.

We’re still waiting on Overbrigde for DT to function as a sound card, we have no idea how long that we be either… Some guess at Superbooth, but no on really knows and we don’t know how it will operate exactly after that either…

1 Like

Oh …

So are we waiting to to send audio to computer through USB too?

Welcome to the Digitakt sub forum! Yes, we have been waiting for Overbridge for DT since late 2017. I would hold off buying a DT until it’s clear if and when Overbridge will be released.

2 Likes

well I wouldn’t say its a deal breaker I’m just weighing up my options. I just want a set up where I don’t need the computer and the DT can control my synths and play samples. what other options do I have for the £500-600 price point?

At that price point, I would take a used Octatrack MKI over the Digitakt every time. The sampling capabilities are far superior, and you can send the audio from your Virus into the Ocatrack for mixing and FX.