Will there be Octatrack MK3 anytime soon?

Not easy, even for me! The Amen Break is sliced. Slices can be looped, their length can be shortened > synth sounds.
Retrigs are Trig Counts (microtiming menu).
IIRC I also modify the TRIM in realtime.
Several parameters plocked to scenes, like Pitch, Rate, Length, Release, Filters, Reverb, Granular engine, Vocoder…

I recorded this maybe 3 years ago, now I use crazier tricks with more control. :loopy:
New demo recording coming soon I hope.

3 Likes

judging from all your replies, I am glad to see this forum is full of successful, busy and happy artists!

keep on going guys, well done !

1 Like

Why do you decide to use one or another?

Trig Counts retrigger envelopes, RTRIG don’t.
Check with HOLD = min, short release.

2 Likes

Thanks, when I checked it before I couldn´t hear the difference so I´ll try with that envelope setting.

The first picture! :smiley:

More control for more dynamic performance.

• Get one finger on Trig Mode and Part.
  • Merge Part and Fill to allow more flexibility :boom: (Part with pattern change or 4 Fill with part params )
  • 8 voice dedicated to selected Track, to bring alive Chromatic, Slots and Slices Mode :notes::notes:.

Connectivity

• add 4 mono aux and 4 mono return.
22 Likes

That’s brilliant. Nice work. If you did that, ofc!

2 Likes

Merci :slight_smile:

Good one :slight_smile: Last time I have heard they now moved to ZIP drives to save some space for addding and AFX Twin button - much like Novation is doing. ??? I smell some factory spying…there si also a Winter button with some Christam bells sounds with sampled chords and snow storms do have endless reverb option, Spring button adding some birds samples and crackling ice sounds etc. … mainly for people with audience who lost track on what they are doing , so to to save the party a press will do…but again, I could be wrong and all this could be just a rumour …

3 Likes

At first I was taken aback by the larger size.

But I do like the layout. Lots of power in one box, but of course that’s also the case on the MK1 and MK2.

I think folks are going to want more outputs, however :sweat_smile:

CV inputs though, nice touch. This box that doesn’t even exist has me excited!

3 Likes

i heard it has analogue stereo multimode filters on the master as well as on an internal mix bus ( a 9th track )

Isn’t the main man behind OT dead due some car accident years ago? And I guess thats something serious to consider. Many folks left since then and Ess is just one of them. Correct me if I am wrong, but the OT is so complex as shit and still far away from anything on the market, that this thing can live its live for many years ahead. Yes, there could be some face lift, but it looks like they are loosing the “ know how and how to “ by loosing people and we can only hope their new hires will bring some super talented folks who can come up with somehing wicked. But for now, I do see just some re-packing of the old gold and good stuff. Elektron is still cool company but with things like the the new 1010 BlueBox . . mixer in perfect from an dshape we all lusted that Elektron deliver …well, .there are also very talented people elswhere … and they all produce some cool stuff…its rough and competitive market out there …no shit … my 5 cents

1 Like

I still love the original rectangle box OT form factor. Just seems so tank-like.

It’s interesting they changed the Tagline on the A4mkii as a ‘tabletop’ synthesiser. Not that everyone goes swimming with their Octatrack mkii, but…

I think Tabletop speaks to ‘studio’ - as do the mkii wings

1 Like

Much too big - a lot of space wasted. I just really don’t want it to become as big as the AR MK2. it should now be possible to keep it the same size and add more features. With the OT I think the current dark grey looks better.

2 Likes

The best thing about imaginary Octatrack mk3 is that everybody can imagine their own perfect design.

5 Likes

Me neither!

16 Likes

Haha exactly :smile:

1 Like

picture “not to scale” haha

1 Like

One is possibly just a little bit exagerated. :lying_face:

2 Likes

why keep 4 parts? kits are better… and should completely scrap rec AB rec CD thing with a simple record button that when pressed asks how long recording should be from where etc and puts it straight into your sample folder… too complicated as is… i forget how to do it every time i want to sample

5 Likes