Will there be an update for the Digitakt MKI?

I think they will but it could be a long wait. They will probably focus on adding to DT2 first to bolster its market position.

Plus, I imagine Digitone and Syntakt are in line for FW updates, plus the potential new product. Maybe something for A4, too.

2 Likes

It makes total sense they updated the Rytm to keep it attractive. Actually in hindsight I think it needs more updating given just how far ahead DT2 turned out. But yeah they will trickle down many features to the other cubes for sure

I’m catiously optimistic. We know for sure Syntakt will receive updates, and most likely a bigger interface wide update like in the DT2. It would then be weird if Digitone doesn’t also receive it. Unless there is a DN2 as well soon. It then would make sense to bring at least the minor bells and whistles together with an updated interface to DT1.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind a master setup menu to mix and match features, like a firmware config thingy.
Example: Disabling 1 LFO and then being able to enable Prepare Mutes.

Understandably development for something like this might be cumbersome.

2 Likes

I mean if there’s something applicable to it.

Just for funses and having NOTHING to do with likelihood of any updates, I’ll be fascinated when someone finally cracks open the Digitakt 2 and does a comparison with the platform of the Takts.

Oof, the performance testing would get quite annoying I imagine. I agree that would be the best of options though for many of reasons I don’t see it ever happening to keep that realtime OS smoothly performing and with less bug potential due to a more streamlined codepath and testing coverage.

1 Like

New official Digitakt I abbreviation just dropped.

4 Likes

The way a bunch of the videos mentioned that the new model is a bit heavier makes me think that the DOG probably won’t be getting most of these updates, because there’s the hardware inside the deck to consider.

I’m pulling for Comp bypass, but it seems like that would’ve been implemented a while ago if it were possible.

1 Like

jesus people are selling these as low as €340

i’d say that’s a really decent value

3 Likes

D dis
O kon
G tinued

6 Likes

DOG isn’t going to work if the Digitone gets updated.

DT stays DT. That newcomer has to put up with DT2.

2 Likes

star wars vibes.

Analogy lost on me, I didn’t see anything between the first film and the seventh, which, I’m sure I don’t have to tell you, was the first film all over again.

I’m pretty sure there’s a character named r2d2, dt2 is somehow in that pocket.

1 Like

Oh, right. The round one that sounds like most modular tracks posted on Reddit.

3 Likes

actually his sounds were made from an original ARP 2600 :smiley:

1 Like

Better pedigree than I imagined

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll have several R2DT2 memes up when I check in tomorrow

1 Like

I happen to already have one in stock but it’s for a different joke.

16 Likes

dag lol, it’s a flooded market. I will probably sell mine after the rush is over, and enjoy using the original until 2’s been out a bit. I was on a “no buy” streak I need to commit better to…

1 Like

I love my Digitakt mk1, and the mk2 looks amazing feature-wise. I’m super tempted to pull the trigger, but will first wait to see if there’ll be a new firmware update for DT1, to implement some capabilities of mk2 (like filters, master overdrive, 3rd lfo, just to name few).
Let’s see what will happen (and I hope it happens, if I compare the ockttrack mk1-2 case).