Why sample file change BPM at OT

I use Ableton Live export to Wav file , it’s BPM 122 .and then Copy to card . When I find this file From OT, I Found it’s BPM change to 112 BPM automatically . i want to know how to setup OT so that it can show the right BPM.

Double click the track button to which the sample is loaded.
Press FUNCTION + EDIT, to bring up the sample editor.
Press FX1 button to be taken to the sample attributes (ATTR) page.
Make necessary correction(s)

More Info also available in the full manual, page 103.

thanks for your reply ,I can setup as this page before .but if i adjust Original Tempo to right , his Trim Len and Loop Len will change too.that’s mean cant make a loop , such as now his Original tempo is 113.91 , Trim len and Loop len is 32 ,when i adjust to 120, Trim len and Loop len change to 33.71 …

Is your loop supposed to be 32 bars long?
Is your loop trimmed correctly?

yes , is all correctly , now i use time stretch is ok ,but sound quality is not good . if i change the Original tempo , the bar is wrong

When you set the bpm in attributes page, press enter or push encoder while on the bpm.

not yet , when i change the original tempo , his lens change automatically . so i change to right lens bpm is wrong ,change right bpm, bar lens is wrong .

Track button + Edit for direct access.

Was your loop 44 or 48k?

3 Likes

Just set the correct bpm and dont worry what the bar lenth says. And use your ears.

I’m with Mantis … this seems like a 48k vs 44.1k thing. The OT doesn’t like 48k.

2 Likes

ok ,thank u , i will try

yes , i use 48k …

i use 48k ,for good quality sound …but i think 44 is ok.

Choose 44.1khz, If you choose 48khz it will be played slower, at 44.1khz anyway.

1 Like

ok,thank u .

1 Like

Nice tip, that one had completely passed me by. Thanks :+1:

I didn’t know it before a few weeks, after 2 years with Ot !
Here is an exaustive list of button combinations, thanks to Didjeko :
http://www.elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=608&Itemid=30

2 Likes