Octatrack MKI and MKII shorcuts differences list

Hi everyone.
Octatrack category being very quiet* these days, I thought it was a good occasion to make this topic. I don’t think there’s a similar one.

Being to lazy to compare manuals for now, if some people who had /have MKI / MKII knowing some obvious shorcuts differences could post it, I’ll try to make an exhaustive list editing this first post later.

Thanks!

I start with the shorcut MKII doesn’t have : Multiply!

Once a loop has been recorded it can be doubled by either pressing [MIDI] while in the RECORDING SETUP menus, or by pressing [TRACK] + [MIDI] at any time. Note that this operation makes a copy of the loop at that specific moment, so it is recommended not to do this while overdubbing

Thinking about some MKI/MKII owners…
@darenager, @LyingDalai, @AdamJay

*Just checked, I apparently unchecked Octatrack Category notification by mistake!
No, my silence wasn’t because I bought a Digitakt! :joy:
I hope I didn’t miss a new crazy trick? :scream:

7 Likes

REC3 button addition on MKII related.

Open RECORDING EDIT menu:
MKI - [FUNC]+[BANK]
MKII - [FUNC]+[REC3]

Manual internal source sampling:
MKI - [TRACK]+[MIDI]
MKII - [TRACK]+[REC3]

Edit: corrected.

2 Likes

Mk1

[FUNCTION] + [MIXER] will open the PROJECT menu.

[FUNCTION] + [MIDI] will open the PARTS menu.

Mk2

[FUNC] + [REC3] opens the RECORDING EDIT menu.

[FUNC] + [CUE] reloads the active part to its saved settings.

[FUNC] + [PROJ] saves the project.

[FUNC] + [PART] to edit the current part.

[FUNC] + [AED] opens the CREATE SLICE GRID menu.

[FUNC] + [MIX] toggles the metronome on/off.

[FUNC] + [MIDI] opens the MIDI sync settings.

4 Likes

Mk1
Cue+Tempo activate/deactivate the metronome. Make sure the volume is not set to zero in the menu

When in recording mode Func+trig turn the trig yellow and it become a “truly” one shoot, even if the pattern loop it won’t get triggered. It flash when is being triggered and to reactivate just press the Trig again.

In the LFO designer hold a Trig+Tempo will make an interpolation beetween step, it basically smooth the modulation.

Copy, clear and paste work differently depend on what mode you’re in.
Func+Copy/clear/paste will do the action to the pattern.
In rec mode:
Func+copy/paste copy and paste track
Func+clear clear the step Trig
Hold any of the parameters page(playback, amp, lfo, effect 1/2)+copy/clear/paste will do the action to the selected page. Note that every parameter will be copy so when you copy an effect it will change the effect too. Little trick/bug:it’s possible to copy delay/reverb in the Effect 2 and paste in Effect 1,the page will looks blank but you can hear the effect.

2 Likes

Many great shortcuts to stay fast and focused performer on OT.
Good to have reminders here and there sometimes.

Metronome:

Works also on MKII.
MKII has got doubled shortcut for metronome as mentioned above: [FUNC] + [MIX] (Click), that opens PROJECT menu on MKI.

1 Like

Question about this because I’ve been wondering. The black text printed under the [REC] buttons on the MKII – are those for pickup machines only? I’ve had my OT for a few months now and after trying pickup machines a couple times early on I haven’t used them much. I guess I find the functionality confusing…

Yes.

2 Likes