Why dont Famous Musicians or Artists in general spend time in online forums?

You can find us on cameo or only fans.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a matter of scale. Smaller forums maintain culture and douchenozzles much better than the bigger ones. Sometimes the answers are even better!

1 Like

There’s famous and there’s Famous though.

1 Like

What’s wrong with it currently?
Ps :slight_smile:

I only joined here because a friend said that Terrence Trent D’arby was masquerading around the place pretending to be a bunch of middle aged white geezers. I thought he was at least 8 of you. Word on the street is that he’s quite the troll around the synth nerd community.

What a voice tho…

10 Likes

Ah, Terrence Trend D’Arby, subject of the worst Rockbusters in history.

1 Like

In another world imagine if we were all famous but masquerading behind failed musicians on this forum:)

Btw im really Paul Macartney, time to come clean.

2 Likes

They’re all on the Clubhouse app, chatting to Elon Musk about his latest EDM banger

1 Like

Kenny Larkin is on GearSpace. I remember a funny post where someone posted one of his old tracks and asked if anyone knew what synth(s) were used. Larkin himself responded (his username was Larkin something), and the guy proceeded to argue with him, saying he doesn’t think it can be that, because blah blah. People dropped hints, without giving it away outright, but he kept on arguing until the penny dropped a few comments later. Tbf the guy took it in good humour when he finally realised.

Also, when the new Prophet 5 was released, and it turned out there was a manufacturing fault in the early ones (the filter didn’t completely open) Larkin said that he is considering not getting his fixed because he liked the way it sounds. There were also people calling him a idiot because he “can’t hear how bad it sounds”.

8 Likes

That explains everything.

nothing. it’s just how the brain works.
if i used to check forums daily for years and post something, my brain ritualized it.
and the brain gets anxious if i don’t do it — regardless of my real interest.
after some time it should stop compulsive forums checking as well.

2 Likes

Same thing aint it? John Barnes/Jimmi Farnham homogenous crap singer

I’m sure they do, anonymously.

3 Likes

Each to their own dude. Never seen the appeal personally, but if that’s your groove, go get it.

I saw that. What a chortle.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I’m Elvis Presley.
I came here because many of you were looking for me.
Thank you very much.

3 Likes

hahahaha

1 Like

As many have mentioned there are definitely well known artists who at least lurk on gear forums, if not participate from time to time under a pseudonym. It’s a great resource for learning things.

However I also don’t think most successful artists are the type to obsess over gear or to regularly post on a forum like it’s their diary. I would imagine they don’t upload cutesy little jams on Instagram either. In my experience one of the differences between a hobbyist and a “legit” artist is that the former spends a lot of time talking about things and collecting gear. The latter tends to shut up and nurture their natural talent.

3 Likes

What am I? Chopped liver?

1 Like